The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Anyone else got into Nottingham as their insurenace choice or through clearing...

..and still waiting for accommodation? (edit-hmm ignore the miss type of insurance :P in title)

I have an unconditional offer at Nottingham, but as it was my insurance choice I only applied for accommodation on the results day. There was still apparently places available when i applied on their website.

I had a conformation email to say that they have recieved my application and i should get something through the post from the 18th onwards! Its now the 22nd and still nothing and my course starts on the 8th!!

Starting to worry a bit as they said on the phone they cant guarentee halls accommodation. Anyone else in the same situation?

I rang up and they told me to ring back and speak to the midwifery manager who organises accommodation for midwifery students...

Should I be worrying or is this normal?

Thanks in advance! xxx
8th of September?I thought term started on the 22nd , when registration will take place.

I only found out on Tuesday I wouldn't be going to Warwick , filed for accomodation the following day and I got an email saying I'd hear back from them before the end of August.I've not heard anything yet but it's early days.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
8th of September?I thought term started on the 22nd , when registration will take place.

I only found out on Tuesday I wouldn't be going to Warwick , filed for accomodation the following day and I got an email saying I'd hear back from them before the end of August.I've not heard anything yet but it's early days.

Im doing midwifery, i think midwifery and nursing start earlier on. got my start date as 8th through the post. im just stressing cause its only two weeks ish till i start :\
I've not heard anything since applying for accomodation on the 14th.. hopefully we'll have somewhere to live!!

This wouldn't be happening if Edinburgh had decided that 8 UMS marks off a B isn't too big a margin to deny me my dream university place :frown:
Reply 4
If you haven't heard anything, contact accommodation directly. You won't get any more info/help by posting online.
Reply 5
i keep ringing them and they keep telling me that i should hear something in the next few days... i wait a few days and call back and they just say the same thing! fjarskafinn have you heard anything yet? im going to have to ring them again today for like the 6th time *Sigh* soo stressful :frown:
Nope, still not heard anything. I've been looking on gumtree.co.uk, and I'm tempted to just stuff the university accomodation and go for something else. In some cases, it's cheaper, too!!
I got into nottingham through clearing and i applied for accommodation as soon as I got confirmation I was going to that university..i sent off a form in the post and havent heard anything until before i checked my email and they said they were unable to offer me uni accommodation!! this means i have to contact "unipol" and i searched on google an its all like shared houses and flats but i think thats with like the second years and stuff!!!! i want to do in halls! what should i do?
im going to phone up tomorrow but i dont know what else they can do, dont think i can get into halls :frown: :frown: :frown:
anyone else in same boat?
Reply 8
if they've told you they're full, they probably are and haven't got any rooms.
houses and flats aren't second years only,you get freshers as well.
have you contact broadgate/spc/manor villages to find out whether they've got places left?
charlottey2004
I got into nottingham through clearing and i applied for accommodation as soon as I got confirmation I was going to that university..i sent off a form in the post and havent heard anything until before i checked my email and they said they were unable to offer me uni accommodation!! this means i have to contact "unipol" and i searched on google an its all like shared houses and flats but i think thats with like the second years and stuff!!!! i want to do in halls! what should i do?
im going to phone up tomorrow but i dont know what else they can do, dont think i can get into halls :frown: :frown: :frown:
anyone else in same boat?

yep, right with you there! I rang up raleigh park this morning, they've still got rooms in flats (6 people each), which look quite good...£76. I would imagine that it wouldn't be all second yrs, seeing as theres quite few people going through the clearing route, and anyway it looks quite sociable with a common room/bar and the fact that there are over 1000 students there. I'm sure it can't hurt that you're near Lenton (a studenty area from what I understand).

But apart from that there's the manor village which is just down the road looks generally the same but maybe a bit nicer for £82 a week....or of course there are shared houses nearer the uni, and somewhere called aston court is £65...but that seems to be abit isolated and abit small, prob not suited to first yrs.

Of course it's up to you! Feel free to email me if you want to know anything else, but I would decide pretty quick, there's not that many rooms left in raleigh/manor...

Hope that helped! And don't worry, there are a few other people I've talked to in the same boat, and self-catered, imo is far better :-) no eating at set times, yay! Hehe
Reply 10
OK heres the deal. All accommodation is full. We have no reason to lie to anyone, it is after all in everyone's best interest for us to fill as many rooms as possible.

We will shortly be sending out another email to offer guidance on starting to look for private sector accommodation. In concordance with Unipol the Uni will be putting on a number of housing days to assist you in finding a suitable place and this will also give you a chance to meet the 200(ish) other students in the same position.

By all means start looking for somewhere to stay, look on www.unipol.leeds.ac.uk/nottingham and check message boards for students who have signed up and are now trying to get out of the contract.

We know you are all upset but we are not washing our hands of you, we are setting up these housing events with Unipol as quickly as possible and will try to keep you in the loop. Keep checking your emails.
conroe-killed-the-k8-star

Exact same thing happening to me! Damn Warwick :smile: Applied for accommodation the day after results day when there were still spaces and got this reply:

Good afternoon

Thanks for your application. You should receive a response by the end of the month.

Kind regards

Alan Parry

Accommodation Advisor

I have not received a single reply yet. I've tried contacting the university accommodation people several times but to no avail. I don't even know whether I should apply for private sector accommodation yet because I haven't received any reply (so I don't know if there is no space for me yet) but places in private sector housing are going fast...

Argh!
cityheadache
Exact same thing happening to me! Damn Warwick :smile: Applied for accommodation the day after results day when there were still spaces and got this reply:

I have not received a single reply yet. I've tried contacting the university accommodation people several times but to no avail. I don't even know whether I should apply for private sector accommodation yet because I haven't received any reply (so I don't know if there is no space for me yet) but places in private sector housing are going fast...

Argh!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I would definately start looking at the private sector. I had a similar experience/email, but on monday I was told that they couldnt allocate me a place through the uni, so they directed me towards unipol and house clearing days. But I had looked at some big student village type things (raleigh park, manor village), which looked good, so I applied for raleigh and luckily got a place.

That's bad that the uni still haven't told you, try every available means of communication....email/phone/telepathy/carrier pigeon...

But seriously, yeah I would at least ring places you're interested in up, even if just to get some info on it, or to register your interest. You may even be able to get them to reserve you a plce, you never know.

Good luck!
i was unable to get any university owned accommodation but i went on unipol and looked at shared flats and applied for raleigh park. i got an email saying they will contact me within 10 days to tell me if my offer is successful. i just wish it wouldnt take so long bcos if i havent been successful..there will prob be nowhere for me to stay! im just wondering though..if anyone can help, raleigh park is a halls of residence owned by the uni isnt it? does that mean that because i applied through unipol..if i get in..i will be in a separate building to all the people who applied through the uni owned accomm??? so i wont be with all the freshers?? if that makes sense.. lol!
no. it's mixed everyone stays there.
call them up and explain the situation and get a possible faster response
charlottey2004
i was unable to get any university owned accommodation but i went on unipol and looked at shared flats and applied for raleigh park. i got an email saying they will contact me within 10 days to tell me if my offer is successful. i just wish it wouldnt take so long bcos if i havent been successful..there will prob be nowhere for me to stay! im just wondering though..if anyone can help, raleigh park is a halls of residence owned by the uni isnt it? does that mean that because i applied through unipol..if i get in..i will be in a separate building to all the people who applied through the uni owned accomm??? so i wont be with all the freshers?? if that makes sense.. lol!

Hey, I hope you've heard by now! Yeah it does seem to be pretty mixed, but don't worry I've heard of at least 5 other freshers staying there, and I'm sure there's loads more if you just search them out. I'll be one of them, hi :-) If you do get a room, drop me a message, you never know - could be nearby!
I applied to Raleigh through Derwent Living, and haven't heard yet :frown:
contact them directly...you won't get any help from here.
i contacted them through the internet didnt hear anything! i was going upto nottingham anyway so when i went i visited raleigh park and there was a derwent living reception so i went in and asked them if they could give me any idea if i would get a place because if not, i'd have to look for somewhere else and time is running out! the first woman said to me she doubts i would be able to get a room as the university have over subscribed accommodation into raleigh park by 600 people. she said her advice to me was to start looking elsewhere and consider renting out a house, i thought how is this possible i am supposed to move down to nottingham in about 2 weeks! i started crying, cz there was no way i was going to live ina house my first year! i wanted to be in halls so i had decided i was going to not go to uni this year, like 2 of my friends at skool have done because they are unable to get any accom!
anyway cut the story short..another woman came out and said she can offer me a room..i didnt know what to say i felt so embarassed because i was still crying! she showed me round and i loved it!
i asked her if i only got a room cz i was crying and she said no...so i hope to all of u tht there is enough room!!!
she also said that they save a few rooms so just go on the saturday and cry!!! i hope all of u get somewhere!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending