The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you're in a smoking room I expect you shall have to go outside to smoke.
Reply 2
I thought it was illegal to smoke inside halls...?
Reply 3
Anyone know if you can get away with leaning out your room's window and smoking (where smoking inside isn't allowed)?
Reply 4
This legal business.... It is legal nor illegial It is true that people work in the halls, but you are hiring that room, hall and kitchen for the duration of your stay and have the same rights as other people - if they are renting a council house or 1 million pent house. If you are renting a smoking room you may be OK to smoke in your room just not in your kitchen. However the owner of the building may ask that it is all non smoking, therefore as part of your legal tenancy you will not be able to smoke in your room. But because you have a smoking room you need to ask the hall manager.
Reply 5
imtired
Anyone know if you can get away with leaning out your room's window and smoking (where smoking inside isn't allowed)?

Windows iwll prob be on a tilt and if they were not it would be a health and safety issue.
imtired

That's what the guys did last year, they seemed to get away with it.
Reply 7
Just smoke out of your window.
I had the choice of a smoking double or a non smoking single.

So in my case either **** up my back or put up with that smell of nicotine 24/7.

You'll know me round Uni, I'll be the tall lad walking like Quasimodo.
Reply 9
They prob got charged for extra painting to mask the smell and damage done by the smoke.
Your biggest worry is your flatmates.
If you have a smoking room then the rule is probably that you can smoke in your room but not in communal areas.

Latest

Trending

Trending