The Student Room Group

Somali girl AMA

Scroll to see replies

Any other questions?
Also how can I get of italic writing....
forget it i found out
Original post by hetaliafanuwu
there was a drought and a locust infestation so Somalis be like: You eat OUR food, so we eat YOU

that’s gross lol

Canjero or malawah
Do you consider yourself black? A lot of somalis i know don't seem to regard themselves as black even when they are. It seems like your all just your own race. Coming from a Caribbean girl
Original post by future_11
Do you consider yourself black? A lot of somalis i know don't seem to regard themselves as black even when they are. It seems like your all just your own race. Coming from a Caribbean girl

I consider myself black because of my skin colour. And I was bullied in primary becuase I was 'black'. But now in Secondary I'm not black but 'African Caucasian' and not black enough. It depends on who you ask. I'm quite dark skinned so I get mistaken as Tamil Indian or Omani
Original post by Angelic Roar
that’s gross lol

Canjero or malawah

Canjero forevsssss! But malawax is gud! :smile:
Do you eat rice with banana?
Original post by .unknown
Do you eat rice with banana?

I am one in 15 million Somalis
I don't like bananas.
DON'T KILL ME PLEASE!
my fav fruit is watermelon, what's yours?
Original post by kurro
my fav fruit is watermelon, what's yours?

Apples :3
What is your favourite place in the Netherlands?
Original post by barnetlad
What is your favourite place in the Netherlands?

Eindhoven where my parents met each other for the first time
Eindhoven where my parents met each other for the first time

I went there a few years ago. I remember being made very welcome in St Catherine's Church and being invited to join their lunch club. Beautiful modern stained glass.
What's your fav Somali food? (Sorry if this has been asked already)
I consider myself black because of my skin colour. And I was bullied in primary becuase I was 'black'. But now in Secondary I'm not black but 'African Caucasian' and not black enough. It depends on who you ask. I'm quite dark skinned so I get mistaken as Tamil Indian or Omani

Some Somalis look quite/sometimes *really* Arab, is there a reason for this?

Do you think there is problem with the perception of Somalis in the UK's black community, Nelly Rose comes to mind
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Some Somalis look quite/sometimes *really* Arab, is there a reason for this?

Do you think there is problem with the perception of Somalis in the UK's black community, Nelly Rose comes to mind

Maybe they have higher Arab blood? Or I'm related to other cushites in east africa? Anyways the black community think we are ugly, not black enough, muslims and that we are less british bc of the windrush generation. What they don't know is that the first African community to settle in the UK are Somali sailors in the 1890's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending