The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Anyone going to west London university?!

Scroll to see replies

anyone who receives their timetable please let me know :smile:
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
oh so did she switch from roehampton to uni west London? I actually saw the modules before making a decision and roehampton looked much harder.
Original post by ILoveSunsets
anyone who receives their timetable please let me know :smile:

No problem :h:
oh so did she switch from roehampton to uni west London? I actually saw the modules before making a decision and roehampton looked much harder.

Yep for her she had to do all such modules in one year, whilst for us it's 3/2 modules in the first semester and another 3/2 on the second semester
wow that's tough! hope she's doing well in her assignments
wow that's tough! hope she's doing well in her assignments

Yeah she's doing really well since the workload is more manageable for her
Any1 starting their education studies here? Most posts r about the other early years course but I haven't found any1 studying education studies. It is a different course
Original post by Childcare_Kellie
Any1 starting their education studies here? Most posts r about the other early years course but I haven't found any1 studying education studies. It is a different course

I do Early Years Education and in UWL Early Years and Education studies are in the same lectures and seminars in first year except for one module. Education studies focuses on late primary school children to university whilst early years Education focuses on 0 to 8 year olds
Original post by Starlight15
I do Early Years Education and in UWL Early Years and Education studies are in the same lectures and seminars in first year except for one module. Education studies focuses on late primary school children to university whilst early years Education focuses on 0 to 8 year olds

I will be 1st year and nervous! Come from a childcare/maternity worker background and want to move to a primary role.
Original post by Childcare_Kellie
I will be 1st year and nervous! Come from a childcare/maternity worker background and want to move to a primary role.

Ooo Good luck! You will really enjoy the course and all of the lectures are so supportive
Reply 50
@Rompo Is it sorted now?

Yes i got CAS
Did they gave timetable for classes?
I'm still waiting for mine. some people in other universities have started today.
I'm still waiting for mine. some people in other universities have started today.

Original post by Rompo
Yes i got CAS
Did they gave timetable for classes?

Guys UWL announced that we won't get our timetable until the 28th September
@Alisha15 It says:

Dear Student,

Over the summer, we’ve been working hard to be able to deliver the majority of your educational experience on a Covid-secure campus.

To deliver this, every teaching space has been assessed to determine its maximum capacity so that social distancing can be maintained and class sizes limited.

As you can imagine, this makes the process of timetabling far more complex than usual. Now that the vast majority of students have re-enrolled, we will be finalising timetables over the next week and will be sharing your timetable with you on 28 September.

We hope that you understand that, given current circumstances, we are finalising timetables as quickly as we can whilst ensuring that the arrangements we put in place mean that UWL is Covid-secure.

Do also remember that there will be an online equivalent for all face-to-face activity so you can study online if you are unable to come to campus.

Over the summer, we have been developing new online content to support your learning and invested in new online resources like Macmillan Skills for Study and LinkedIn Learning.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back to UWL.
thanks. where did you find that information?

Yep my brother has started university today
thanks. where did you find that information?

Its been given through my student email
I didn't receive anything so thanks for letting me know. can't wait to see my timetable
Reply 58
Yep my brother has started university today

Any south indian students studying in westlondon
@Rompo @ILoveSunsets @Alisha15 @Childcare_Kellie

I happen to have my timetable early today

I have online lessons on Monday and Tuesday

Here are my modules

Observation and Assessment in Early Years Education: Monday 9am to 11am

Childhood and Society: Monday 11am to 1pm

Practice Placement linking theory to Practice: Tuesday 9am to 11am

What about you guys?