The Student Room Group

College to do BioChem A-levels, many questions! for students and College addmission s

hi I'm a year 12 aspiring to become an optometrist, which means i have to study optometry in University to achieve this.
Currently, I am studying BTEC Applied Science(Merit)/Psychology(B)/Sociology(B) at a Sixth Form.
Unfortunately, due to competitive nature of London-based University's, my current subjects don't meet the criteria for University's.
i have recently made the sudden decision to complete my A-levels at a collage, instead i will be studying BioChem A-level and Psychology A-level.
knowing this i have 101 different issues/questions that i hope any of you could help me answer:

-how can i tell if a College is "good"? i was thinking of harrow collage/Barnet Southgate/Stanmore collage. if any previous students went to these listed, please give me your honest opinion regarding student support onto UNI progression/teachers/facilities ect

-i cant seem to understand public transport fairs? i was also thinking of city of west minister/west minister Kingsway collage/etc, however they are all quite far from barnet, edgware. can someone please explain the fees, i am turing 18 next year to help with the travel card. someone please explain?

-anybody whose done biochem alevels at a collage in london, please give me any advise you think fits my case! i really aprriciate the time you take to help me:smile:

-at this point in time, may it be too late for applying to colleges for september 2024? my careers advisor told me tto apply online and show up for enrollment, regardless of an invite from the College, they might let me enroll. can anyone fact-check that, a student/teacher/addmissions?

if i think of any more questions i will reply them, i hope to hear any advise!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending