The Student Room Group

Train tickets on Trainline from BHM to LDN

I'm travelling from Birmingham to London (West Ham Station) next week, and was looking to book train tickets. I don't usually go on public transport so this is my first time. I was wondering if anyone who does a daily commute to London or has experience could share where they buy train tickets with the best price and less faff (easy and convenient)?

The one with Trainline includes 1 change from London Marylebone to West Ham with the tube, so I'm wondering if the ticket for the tube is covered with the train ticket as well, or do I have to pay for the tube separately?

Many thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by moonstones
I'm travelling from Birmingham to London (West Ham Station) next week, and was looking to book train tickets. I don't usually go on public transport so this is my first time. I was wondering if anyone who does a daily commute to London or has experience could share where they buy train tickets with the best price and less faff (easy and convenient)?

The one with Trainline includes 1 change from London Marylebone to West Ham with the tube, so I'm wondering if the ticket for the tube is covered with the train ticket as well, or do I have to pay for the tube separately?

If you're buying a ticket to West Ham then it should include the tube component -- otherwise it's not a ticket to West Ham!

Bear in mind that buying from Trainline means that you get to pay a booking fee on top of the cost of your tickets. If you buy direct from one of the train operating companies (e.g. Avanti West Coast, Cross Country, Great Western Railway, etc) you pay exactly the same price, but without a booking fee.

I can't help with the details of exactly how it works. Whenever I've been to London I've been making multiple trip on the tube, so have bought a ticket to Paddington and then paid separately for the tube.

You could look at what the cost is of travelling from BHM to Marylebone, and what the tube ticket would cost separately -- you might find that it makes no difference.

Quick Reply

Latest