The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* - The Big Medicine UKCAT 2013 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by sarahlovesfun
Hey, Ive used the UKCAT book, also wanted more questions had a look around and didnt want to spend money on monthly subscriptions but came across ukcatpracticequestions.co.uk - theyre only £2 for questions and you can choose which type to download - you can print them off as well which might help if you dont like online stuff. I found them very good for extra questions to help out alongside the UKCAT 600 questions book

Aw thank you :smile:

Will get them then!
I guess this new test is better than looking at triangles, but the answers are very subjective...
Reply 202
Original post by MuffinMonster
I guess this new test is better than looking at triangles, but the answers are very subjective...

New test? :s-smilie:
Original post by Doctor.
New test? :s-smilie:

The behavior test thingy.
Reply 204
Original post by MuffinMonster
The behavior test thingy.

oh right I thought that it will not count or anything...

is it replacing any sections in the UKCAT? :biggrin:
Original post by Doctor.
oh right I thought that it will not count or anything...

is it replacing any sections in the UKCAT? :biggrin:

Yeah it's just a trial scheme, like that personality test they had I think a few year ago, before I took mine anyway :s haha nope unfortunately not for a few years I predict, a change like this would need a lot of testing I think
Are you guys starting revising for it now?
Reply 207
Original post by Future_Dr
Are you guys starting revising for it now?

No chance :lol:

I need to get ezams done with first! I'm just collecting resources atm :smile:
Then enjoy summer....finally, prepare fir UKCAT :tongue:
UKCAT can easily be smashed if you practise with TIMING from the beginning of your preparation and know your exam technique. I mean I could tell you what techniques you'd need for the UKCAT but I advise an interactive tutorial- get to Kaplan UKCAT course because I found it really helpful, it gets you going and sets the tone for the rest of your UKCAT practise. Also get a few books but practise on the computer to get to understand the transition from answering questions by paper to computer in a limited time capacity. Thus for QA quick rapid estimations are the key and quick note taking, before you start the whole UKCAT test, I suggest you write down a list of the various patterns that can come in the abstract test under 5 main categories: i.e. shape, size, colour, rotation and 1 more I can't remember. But these 5 will be the key to answering any question upon the abstract test. I suggest using the 600Q book to organise the pattern types under these 5 headings and MENTALLY this will prepare you!!! Contact me on [email protected] if you want more help/info/tips whatever whether its for ukcat/ personal statement etc.

- 1st yr Medicine completed successfully at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Reply 209
can anyone pm the oneexamination pdf files if they have any or any other pdfs with any UKCAT questions? or post them on here so everyone has access to them please?
Reply 210
Cannot prepare for UKCAT/BMAT. Utter bull****! When you.wrote this thread that's when you should have started

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MT15i
Reply 211
Original post by muzakir
Cannot prepare for UKCAT/BMAT. Utter bull****! When you.wrote this thread that's when you should have started

Wow. Seems like you know everything about medical applications! :colonhash:
Reply 212
Original post by Vulpes
Wow. Seems like you know everything about medical applications! :colonhash:

You're in Sheffield, therefore you killed the UKCAT - advice, books, resources etc?! :awesome:

Spoiler

Reply 213
Original post by Doctor.
You're in Sheffield, therefore you killed the UKCAT - advice, books, resources etc?! :awesome:

Spoiler

I spent approximately 3 days studying for it and had no idea Sheffield had a high UKCAT requirement when I applied.

UKCAT cutoff for 2012 Entry to Sheffield was 645

So I'm probably not the best person to go to for UKCAT advice. And the cutoff is lower for internationals too. Btw, here is my applicant profile :h:
Reply 214
Original post by Vulpes
I spent approximately 3 days studying for it and had no idea Sheffield had a high UKCAT requirement when I applied.

So I'm probably not the best person to go to for UKCAT advice. And the cutoff is lower for internationals too. Btw, here is my applicant profile :h:

So you're not as awesome as you led me to believe? :erm:

Just kidding :tongue:

Thanks for the info, that's pretty....low for a change :s-smilie:

Expected It to be like...750 :lol:
Reply 215
Original post by Doctor.
So you're not as awesome as you led me to believe? :erm:

Just kidding :tongue:

Thanks for the info, that's pretty....low for a change :s-smilie:

Expected It to be like...750 :lol:

I never expected to lead anyone to believe i'm awesome but :awesome:

From what I've heard, they've increased the number of people they interview thus lowering the UKCAT cutoff.
This is the 600 UKCAT questions book if anyone is unsure: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300720643261
Reply 217
Medify is made by current medical students I find them amazing.

Reply 218
Original post by Vulpes

Vulpes, how do you know for international, the UKCAT cutoff is lower?
Reply 219
Anybody want to split with me a UKCAT online subscription?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending