The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts London 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I am transferring into second year at Chelsea UAL, and I don't know if we have any summer projects since I', enrolling. Plus I don't know anybody or what it was like in first year so I'm kinda shook look pls help.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hi :smile:

This September I will start studying at CSM, and I created a WhatsApp group chat for UAL students to get know each other. If you would like to join let me know. :h:
I've been having trouble with enrollment and my course starts on the 20th. I've been emailing the school for the past 3 weeks and I only received one response asking me more questions about my issues and that was 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to get worried and I just want to finish my enrollment but I can't without the school's help. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to LCF if that helps.
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi there,

The Further Education dates for the autumn term at UAL are: Monday 13 September 2021 Friday 17 December. So your first day of foundation should be Monday 13th September however you may have enrollment or some induction days earlier.

Hope that's helpful.

Kindest,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep

Hi,

I am due to start Foundation at CSM this month. I've enrolled and set up Moodle etc. but still haven't had any info on start date or any induction days - there is literally nothing on my timetable. Any ideas on who to contact please as I am expecting to have to start any day!
Does anyone know anything about the start date for Camberwell foundation? The website says the term starts on the 13th however the document on that page says the 15th. I also remember seeing another date somewhere and my timetable is blank :/
Has anyone received an enrollment confirmation email? I completed online registration on August 17
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone received an enrollment confirmation email? I completed online registration on August 17

I completed mine on the same date and haven’t heard back yet either it’s so annoying
I completed mine on the same date and haven’t heard back yet either it’s so annoying

Hello,

Those who completed their online registration for enrolment on 17 August should hear about the progress of their enrolment this week as it takes 14 working days and we've had a bank holiday in between. As long as a student has an email confirming they've completed online registration they'll be able to start their course and attend on-campus. If you are concerned about a delay, you can contact us at [email protected] and the team will look into your records in a bit more detail to see what may be causing any issues.

I hope that's helpful for you both.

Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team
Original post by Kasia450
Hi,

I am due to start Foundation at CSM this month. I've enrolled and set up Moodle etc. but still haven't had any info on start date or any induction days - there is literally nothing on my timetable. Any ideas on who to contact please as I am expecting to have to start any day!

Hi @Kasia450

Our FAD courses start on Monday 13 September, but the first timetabled day on campus may be later in that week. If you can't see anything on your timetable, please contact [email protected] who should be able to advise you further.

Best wishes,
Sian
Does anyone know anything about the start date for Camberwell foundation? The website says the term starts on the 13th however the document on that page says the 15th. I also remember seeing another date somewhere and my timetable is blank :/

Hello,

Our FAD courses start on Monday 13 September, but the first timetabled day on campus may be later in that week. If you can't see anything on your timetable, please contact [email protected] who should be able to advise you further.

Best wishes,
Sian
Hey, there is a private WhatsApp gc for London students (only for girls). If you are interested in joining send me a private message.
Original post by salma.elk
Hey, there is a private WhatsApp gc for London students (only for girls). If you are interested in joining send me a private message.

im a he/they can i joib
Hi everyone, if anyone is looking for a room in the Emily Bowes Court accommodation, please reach out to me! Looking for a replacement asap :smile:
Hi everyone, if anyone is looking for a room in the Emily Bowes Court accommodation, please reach out to me! Looking for a replacement asap :smile:

Hi there,

If you haven't already found someone to fill your room you could try posting this on the UAL/Arts SU Housing page on Facebook.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep
Did anyone hear anything from textile design CSM? Did anyone had an interview?

I applied for this course as Chelsea, LCF and CSm, I have heard from all apart from CSM who I have handed my portfolio in to
Original post by Anonymous #122
I can't move on from CSM fashion since I got rejected from them. I still can't believe that I didn't get in.. like I almost feel like I should just stop studying fashion if my portfolio was not even enough for CSM. I cannot overcome this depression like why?!?!? Some people look so happy with their csm fashion in their Instagram bio and I feel like my life is a total failure. Just so sad that it didn't work out I feel useless :frown: Having an official announcement that I am maybe "good" but not as amazingly talented as csm students sucks so much. I don't know if I should reapply for csm next year :frown: anyone who got rejected from csm fashion?

Hey idk if you'll ever see this. But I recently got rejected from CSM MA Fashion and this exactly how i feel. I'm sorry if this brings up the past and if you don't wish to remember this. I really really hope that you're doing okay and that it won't be so bad in the future.
Hey idk if you'll ever see this. But I recently got rejected from CSM MA Fashion and this exactly how i feel. I'm sorry if this brings up the past and if you don't wish to remember this. I really really hope that you're doing okay and that it won't be so bad in the future.

Hi Anonymous,

Just thought I would jump on here. I can imagine it must feel rubbish not getting the outcome you hoped for. MA Fashion as CSM is REALLY REALLY competitive and not getting accepted doesn't mean that your application wasn't strong. Have you considered looking at other UAL fashion courses? It might be that your application and strengths are better suited to a slightly different course or College.

Best of luck!
Georgia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending