The Student Room Group

I hit my head on my cupboard accidentally and I’m finding my work hard to memorise?

Should I go the the GP or is it nothing? Will the symptoms go away? I don’t have a bump and my head doesn’t hurt when I touch it but I felt sleepy when hitting my head on the cupboard and now I’m finding it hard to memorise concepts that I found I could memorise better a few days ago.
Reply 1
Go to your GP. We're not as reliable as your GP would be.
Reply 2
Please call 111 or your GP if there is concern.
Original post by Anonymous
Should I go the the GP or is it nothing? Will the symptoms go away? I don’t have a bump and my head doesn’t hurt when I touch it but I felt sleepy when hitting my head on the cupboard and now I’m finding it hard to memorise concepts that I found I could memorise better a few days ago.

Are you sure this is the reason.
Everyone bangs their head from time to time, but id think you'd have to absolutely smash it to do brain damage rather then just bruise the skull.

If you are sure you are having issues then yes seek help.
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
Are you sure this is the reason.
Everyone bangs their head from time to time, but id think you'd have to absolutely smash it to do brain damage rather then just bruise the skull.

If you are sure you are having issues then yes seek help.

I banged my head many times (since I have a bunk bed) but this time is different since it’s been 2 days and work I was able to memorise just a few days ago now won’t stick in my brain. I feel sleepy ever since too. I don’t know if I will need other symptoms to be sure.
Mild traumatic brain injury, also known as a concussion, either doesn’t cause unconsciousness or unconsciousness lasts for 30 minutes or less. Mild traumatic brain injury symptoms may include:

Inability to remember the cause of the injury or events that occurred immediately before or up to 24 hours after it happened.
Confusion and disorientation.
Difficulty remembering new information.
Headache.
Dizziness.
Blurry vision.
Nausea and vomiting.
Ringing in the ears.
Trouble speaking coherently.
Changes in emotions or sleep patterns.

These symptoms often appear at the time of the injury or soon after, but sometimes may not develop for days or weeks. Mild traumatic brain injury symptoms are usually temporary and clear up within hours, days or weeks; however, on occasion, they can last months or longer.
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
Mild traumatic brain injury, also known as a concussion, either doesn’t cause unconsciousness or unconsciousness lasts for 30 minutes or less. Mild traumatic brain injury symptoms may include:

Inability to remember the cause of the injury or events that occurred immediately before or up to 24 hours after it happened.
Confusion and disorientation.
Difficulty remembering new information.
Headache.
Dizziness.
Blurry vision.
Nausea and vomiting.
Ringing in the ears.
Trouble speaking coherently.
Changes in emotions or sleep patterns.

These symptoms often appear at the time of the injury or soon after, but sometimes may not develop for days or weeks. Mild traumatic brain injury symptoms are usually temporary and clear up within hours, days or weeks; however, on occasion, they can last months or longer.

I did have a mild headache and found it hard to memorise and feel sleepy. That’s my only symptoms. The headache is gone ( it happened for a few minutes on the day) but now I just feel like I’m going to struggle and I want to be able to fix this so I can go back to how I was
Reply 7
I have a levels so I’m not sure if I can still do this
Original post by Anonymous
I have a levels so I’m not sure if I can still do this

Just call 111, and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending