The Student Room Group
I've done my Personal Statement, UCAS form and choices. I have a meeting with my senior tutor in a few days and then it'll be submitted.
Reply 2
My side of the application is completed. Just waiting to have my reference written and then I'll be done. :yep:
I kind of wish I wasn't having the remark so I could get it off sooner, but getting a better grade at AS overrules, lol :smile:
You guys are early birds! I didn't get round to it until at least October last year...
Reply 5
I've completed it but I have to discuss it with my tutor, head of year, grandmother etc. before anyone will let me send it off :smile:
Reply 6
OMGG...im applying in 2009...and i havent done much at all...ive started my ucas application..and done a few drafts of my personal statement..but i still dont know what i definately want to do in uni!!...should i really be trying to apply NOWW??
Reply 7
The earliest you can apply is September 15th, right?
Reply 8
I have to hand in my application by the 17th of Oct.
I also have to do this mock interview in my school. Nervous about that too. I don't think any of the unis I'm applying requires one... Oh well, better safe than sorry...
no1chandni
OMGG...im applying in 2009...and i havent done much at all...ive started my ucas application..and done a few drafts of my personal statement..but i still dont know what i definately want to do in uni!!...should i really be trying to apply NOWW??
People apply anywhere between now and end of December so don't worry :smile:
Reply 10
no1chandni
should i really be trying to apply NOWW??

Well you don't want to leave it to the last minute. But having started already means you're ahead of most people, so there's no need to panic.
People are finished already? :eek: I just can't seem to choose any unis. Got the subject sorted, and done my first draft of my personal statement but... :frown:
Reply 12
Tom4510
The earliest you can apply is September 15th, right?

You can finalize your application from September 15th, but it's been possible to sign-up and get almost everything finished since September 1st.
no1chandni

Hah, I'm applying for 2009 too. We ain't so much as talked about it in college atall. So I haven't started anything yet:s-smilie: .
no1chandni

You need to get your UCAS form in as soon as possiable and you also need to decided sometime soon what you want to do for a degree really. But doing a strong personal statement will when you apply through UCAS sell you as a Potential Undergraduate to your Chosen Universities that along with good grades will be the difference of being shortlisted or rejected lol.
I also had my UCAS form in Early October last year but others that i knew had their UCAS forms in sooner than me.:biggrin:
Reply 15
yellowjacket
Hah, I'm applying for 2009 too. We ain't so much as talked about it in college atall. So I haven't started anything yet:s-smilie: .

o PHEW!!...i actually kinda started worrying then!! :colondollar:...whats the best way to choose the course that u feel is right for you??
no1chandni
o PHEW!!...i actually kinda started worrying then!! :colondollar:...whats the best way to choose the course that u feel is right for you??

My advice would be to look at a few courses you are interested in,then do some further research into these courses and what grades you need and so forth and then narrow it down really.
I've done most of it...waiting for the reference (that's been done this week) and I've not quite finished my personal statement. Waiting until the end of the month to see if I get a teaching assistant job which would help my application as I'm applying for teaching courses.
i'm an independent student so it's paid and sent...

£17!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending