The Student Room Group

Has anyone done an Extended driving test?

If you have, what was your experience like?
Did you pass first time?
What can I expect?
Any advice?
Thanks
Reply 1
what's an extended driving test
Reply 2
Original post by I07
what's an extended driving test

A quick search on Google will tell you: "An extended driving test is a court-ordered test that is longer and more demanding than the normal learning driving test. When disqualified as a driver or rider, the court can order you to re-sit your theory test and take an extended practical driving test before re obtaining your full licence."

Basically meaning the OP was disqualified from driving and is now having to complete an extended driving test to get their licence back :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Joshkav
A quick search on Google will tell you: "An extended driving test is a court-ordered test that is longer and more demanding than the normal learning driving test. When disqualified as a driver or rider, the court can order you to re-sit your theory test and take an extended practical driving test before re obtaining your full licence."

Basically meaning the OP was disqualified from driving and is now having to complete an extended driving test to get their licence back :smile:

ohhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 4
Same skills as standard test, but more opportunity to evaluate them. So you will do more of the set manoeuvres with the emergency stop definitely included and go on more road types particularly dual carriageway, if available. And as much as anything more time for unusual things to crop up and trip you up. I did the advanced driving test which was over an hour and more demanding because of the length. But if you’re competent it shouldn’t be a big problem to pass.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by solomove
If you have, what was your experience like?
Did you pass first time?
What can I expect?
Any advice?
Thanks

Id imagine an extended version of the regular test. Presumably they may get you to go a bigger variety of roads, multiple manoeuvres. If you can drive safely I don’t imagine it’s an issue.

This is all just speculative, although i am curious why are you being made to do the extended version?
I took an extended test and I'm curious if I have to do it again if I take a test in a different category. I can't find any info on the topic
Reply 7
Original post by DanDiablo
I took an extended test and I'm curious if I have to do it again if I take a test in a different category. I can't find any info on the topic

No
Reply 8
So if you’ve been ordered to sit an extended test then you only have to do one? Ie if you sit extended motorbike you only have to sit basic car test?
Reply 9
Original post by RossHal
So if you’ve been ordered to sit an extended test then you only have to do one? Ie if you sit extended motorbike you only have to sit basic car test?

Normally the court order is specific to the test category.
Reply 10
Hi I passed my driving test in 2019 with no issues had a clean licence for 4 years but before Christmas I had a letter saying it has been cancelled i had an offence in 2009 and I had to do an extended driving test, so now my licence has been cancelled I'm waiting on a provisional and my question is after I pass my extended driving test I will have the same licence number but will the date I first passed my test still stay the same on my licence if anyone knows this would really help thank you
Edit Post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending