The Student Room Group

Leicester or Kent for Actuarial Science

Hey guys, I’ve been accepted into all my 5 choices but now I’m struggling to pick between Leicester and Kent for insurance choice.

Is there anyone whose currently at the Uni of Leicester or Kent and if so please can you tell what’s like there.

e.g.
-social life/Night life
-Are the Lecturers easy to talk to and what are their teaching methods like

I’ve looked at accommodation and I like both so I don’t know what to choose 😀
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I’ve been accepted into all my 5 choices but now I’m struggling to pick between Leicester and Kent for insurance choice.

Is there anyone whose currently at the Uni of Leicester or Kent and if so please can you tell what’s like there.

e.g.
-social life/Night life

I'm not at kent but I know many people who are in their first year there. They seem to be having the best time. Due to COVID it's hard to judge night life but I often see them going around the campus and having fun on their stories. (Also a few decent sized gatherings to celebrate birthdays in peoples accoms). The only thing I noticed is that their student finance was given to them quite late so if money is tight I'd be weary of that. :smile:
Can please update? I'm in the same situation now

e.g.
-social life/Night life

Can please update? I'm in the same situation now

Hi there :smile:

I have studied at Kent for the last few years so i'm hoping that I can give you a bit of an insight as to what it's like. There are numerous facilities on campus such as a big library, an on campus nightclub, a range of bars and eateries, co ops, cafes, book shop, gym and sports centre etc. Campus is located around a 15 minute walk into town which has lots of independent shops and restaurants. There you will also find your bigger retail shops, clubs and Canterbury cathedral (this is where you will graduate). There is also a canal where you can take a river boat on a sunny day. I highly recommend doing this as its very picturesque.
In terms of nightlife there is one club on campus (as mentioned above) and around 5 clubs main clubs in town. The nightlife ranges from bigger clubs with 3 floors to smaller bars with dance floors. There are lots of independent bars and pubs in Canterbury which also make a great night out for things like pub golf and pub crawls. Some are more casual places but there are also fancier rooftop bars with DJ's such as Socialite.
As for accommodation, there are multiple colleges to choose from so my advice would be to choose the one nearest to your lectures. Although you can walk from one side of campus to the other in around 15 minutes, you will definitely be grateful for choosing the closest accommodation on winder days when you have 9ams. I personally lived in Keynes flats for 2 years and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

If you have any specific questions about Kent let me know!

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending