The Student Room Group

I graduated with a 1st in Criminology and Criminal Psychology. Ask me anything :)

I'll be happy to help to the best of my knowledge. I understand some teachers/lecturers can be super busy right now, but I'm here if anyone has any questions regarding Criminology :biggrin:
Hi
I want to do something is criminology but I admitted in llm in law
Original post by Khuram4253
Hi

Hello!
Original post by Khuram4253
I want to do something is criminology but I admitted in llm in law

So are you thinking of changing course?
What career aspects are you looking at with a criminology degree? The topic really interests me but I do not want to be a police officer.
Original post by Independerella
What career aspects are you looking at with a criminology degree? The topic really interests me but I do not want to be a police officer.

Oh okay so there's loaaaaaads of professions that you can go into with a Criminology degree, policing is just one of them but definitely not the only one. You can become a prison officer, probation officer, border force officer, customs officer, work for the Home Office, or you can even carry on your education and embark on an MA (Masters degree) in Criminology and then do a PhD in Criminology which would allow and qualify you to become a Dr in Criminology, so you can basically teach Criminology in university as a Criminology Lecturer. Personally, I'd like to work somewhere which has a mixture of interacting with victims and offenders.
Hello! I am thinking about studying Criminology but I am not sure if it's worth it? What are your thoughts on it? Did you find your course to be satisfying and now that you are done, what job are you pursuing?
Reply 8
Hi I’m doing a criminology access course and I’m stuck on a question. Could I send you it for your advice. For some reason my brain is just not recognising it at all.
Original post by Carmel91
Hi I’m doing a criminology access course and I’m stuck on a question. Could I send you it for your advice. For some reason my brain is just not recognising it at all.

Hello Carmel,

Sure, drop me a message ☺️
Congratulations! What are your next steps now that you've graduated?
Original post by zannatk29
Hello! I am thinking about studying Criminology but I am not sure if it's worth it? What are your thoughts on it? Did you find your course to be satisfying and now that you are done, what job are you pursuing?

It's a very good course and you have a wide range of job opportunities open to you ☺️ we learned about many different things, such as the types of crimes, why crime happens, theories of crimes as well as stuff like victimology (where we focus on victims) and miscarriages of justice as well as deaths in custody. I was really pleased and satisfied with the course and I even stayed to do an additional degree in Criminology (postgraduate degree). Right now, I hope to join the police ☺️ but there are a huge career options open for criminology related jobs, such as being a prison officer, border force officer, police officer, you could apply to work in intelligence agencies, ministry of justice, ministry of defence etc you could also work with victims of crime such as in victim support etc ☺️
Original post by Submarine94
Hello Carmel,

Sure, drop me a message ☺️

Thank you so much. I’m not actually allowed to send messages yet 😅 I’ve only just joined this site. I’ll put here and hopefully you will understand. Il attach photos.

I don’t actually understand the question at all. If I was forced to answer and took a wild shot at it I think I’d be linking the labelling theory to his actions in the second protest somehow.

But I feel like that’s not right. 9B625913-D596-43B3-9800-BC0508370504.jpegC884C5DF-7176-4E17-BE70-08DCB34686E2.png8C3D2B3D-A3E3-468F-ABAA-5D1D237B7575.png
Original post by Carmel91
Thank you so much. I’m not actually allowed to send messages yet 😅 I’ve only just joined this site. I’ll put here and hopefully you will understand. Il attach photos.

I don’t actually understand the question at all. If I was forced to answer and took a wild shot at it I think I’d be linking the labelling theory to his actions in the second protest somehow.

But I feel like that’s not right. 9B625913-D596-43B3-9800-BC0508370504.jpegC884C5DF-7176-4E17-BE70-08DCB34686E2.png8C3D2B3D-A3E3-468F-ABAA-5D1D237B7575.png

Hmmm, a bit tricky 🤔 I think the question itself is not actually as difficult as it seems, it was just worded in a complex way. I think what it's basically asking is for you to analyse a theory which would explain the examples of crime and delinquency in that case study. So for example, in the first two paragraphs, the theory of moral disengagement can be used to explain the delinquency of people shoplifting and breaking the law - people are committing those delinquent acts but are attempting to justify it by claiming it is for a greater good (to support their poverty ridden family) and also trying to downplay the seriousness of it and not make it look as bad as it seems, by saying they steal from the rich who can afford to get their assets back etc. So then you would be expected to analyse the theory of moral disengagement and it's effectiveness in explaining crime (this was just an example btw, you could've chosen a completely different theory). I hope I made sense 😂 but just double check and ask your teacher for further clarification. It's always better to ask, rather than not asking and then you ending up doing the wrong thing
Should drug prohibition be abandoned and drugs possession be decriminalised/legalised?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending