The Student Room Group

Current uni students please reply

I’m starting uni in September and I’m interested to know what the social life is like with coronavirus WITHOUT LOCKDOWN. Like when we could have a rule of 6 was university fun? Is it dead now?? Please reply I’m not sure whether to take nightlife into consideration when firming my uni.
Uni was fun from September to the next lockdown in Nov. It really depended on your city as Birmingham got pretty bad towards the end so we were plunged in the higher tiers earlier.

YOU CAN STILL HAVE FUN! Make friends with your flatmates. Im currently at home as lockdown doesn’t allow me to head back. Been home since 4th December and anything is better than being home. When the rule of six was around people were still going out to the bars and clubs for sit in only. (I never went as not my thing and really didnt think it was safe)

WHEN FIRMING YOUR UNI NIGHTLIFE COMES LAST! You can still have fun without nightlife in your flat. We don’t know what September might bring. Could be in a worse condition or it could be the complete opposite.

When it allowed i met a couple of my course mates (different households) and we went to the SU pub and Ghetto Golf so there are plenty of ways to have fun if the clubs and bars aren’t open. Even so the clubbing is overrated anyway so I hear. Things you should consider rather than Clubbing for firming:
-What have the uni promised in terms of online and blended learning?
-ask current students at that institution, is online really working for them?
-is it the right course, is the content better here or elsewhere?
-how does the city compare in terms of prospects, living, costs?

Hope this helps
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you so much for replying really helped! :smile:
Original post by Af762014
I’m starting uni in September and I’m interested to know what the social life is like with coronavirus WITHOUT LOCKDOWN. Like when we could have a rule of 6 was university fun? Is it dead now?? Please reply I’m not sure whether to take nightlife into consideration when firming my uni.

Really hard to say as it was only a couple weeks, things took off quite quickly last October. Their was a real split, half the students took everything seriously half didnt at all.

But at the start of the year their was a lot rule breaking, people congregating in large groups and drinking outside in nice area (it was very nice weather late Sept/early October), people going to pubs and getting tables of 6 strategically placed around all their mates, people just pretended they were house mates etc.

Socially seemed to be fine, which is half the reason we had to go into lockdown as it just couldn't be controlled when 50% of students ignore the rules.

Once lockdown came a lot of people moved home and a lid was put it on it hard for obvious reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending