The Student Room Group

Changing universities / reapplying for ucas

I have a question, it doesn’t apply to me (it might one day though)
So let’s say I am in my first year of university, and I am not a fan of it. Let’s say I want to transfer to a different university, as in to restart with all the 3 years, starting from year 1. at a different university with a different course.
Can I reapply using UCAS to a different university, to restart my entire university journey (as in, starting from year 1) WHILE, at the same time, being in the university I currently am, and spending the first year at the current university but for my supposed “second year” I basically start my first year, again, at a different university????
Original post by 000111bhqd
I have a question, it doesn’t apply to me (it might one day though)
So let’s say I am in my first year of university, and I am not a fan of it. Let’s say I want to transfer to a different university, as in to restart with all the 3 years, starting from year 1. at a different university with a different course.
Can I reapply using UCAS to a different university, to restart my entire university journey (as in, starting from year 1) WHILE, at the same time, being in the university I currently am, and spending the first year at the current university but for my supposed “second year” I basically start my first year, again, at a different university????

Yes. You can do that. In your UCAS application you would need to include details of the first uni (start date, course studied, and that you received no qualifications whilst there).

There will potentially be implications for your student loan, if you've availed yourself of that.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Yes. You can do that. In your UCAS application you would need to include details of the first uni (start date, course studied, and that you received no qualifications whilst there).

There will potentially be implications for your student loan, if you've availed yourself of that.

Thank you for your reply.
“Implications for your student loan” could you please tell me what this means? and if this would be a problem?
Original post by 000111bhqd
Thank you for your reply.
“Implications for your student loan” could you please tell me what this means? and if this would be a problem?

It's not my area of expertise, but generally speaking, student loans cover the length of your original course, plus one "gift" year. The "gift" year is designed to cover you having to retake a year, whilst at uni, or similar.

I suspect the "gift" year would cover a situation like this, where you restart at year one at a different university. But I don't know that for sure.
Reply 4

What would I put as the end date? 2026 or 2024
Original post by Imti77

What would I put as the end date? 2026 or 2024

Reply 6
Just be aware that the Unis you apply to will want a grade transcript from your current Uni - and a reference - so your current Uni will have to know that you intend to leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending