The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

BSC in Fintech - Sussex or Reading

Which university have better program in Fintech?
Original post by Ash2021ug

Hello, thank you for your question.

Myself, unfortunately, I do not study Finance and Technology degree. However, I would be more than happy to share other aspects of my Sussex University Experience (e.g., regarding Housing, Social Life, General Quality of Teaching, etc.) that may help you in making your decision. Furthermore, I just want to point out these rankings, which may shed some light as to the quality of the Fintech program that you can expect to receive at Sussex:

A. Top 10 in the UK for Business and Economics (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2021)
B. 5th in the UK for graduate prospects in Accounting and Finance (The Complete University Guide 2021)
C. Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Business (US News & World Report Best Global Universities 2021)

Thus, even though, I cannot vouch for the standard of this specific program at Sussex, based on these statistics and my positive experience of studying at Sussex, I would recommend it as a university choice worth of consideration. Furthermore, feel free to raise any questions with the faculty members and/or with our current student ambassadors on Unibuddy platform, some of which may be studying this, or a very similar subject (these details are included in ambassadors' profile descriptions). Please scroll down this web-page for the relevant contact details and further information: Sussex Fintech programme (BSc).

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student, MSci with a Year Abroad)
(edited 3 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Ash2021ug

Hi @Ash2021ug,

Glad to hear you are considering studying at Sussex!

Just to add on to what my colleague Kasia has said, I would also suggest trying to determine where you would be happiest and prioritise which factors you consider the most important when choosing where to study such as location, university ranking and specific modules that these courses offer. This may help to make it easier for you to decide which university would be best suited to you as ultimately going where you will be happiest will mean you can make the most of your university experience!

I hope this is helpful, please feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.
Best wishes,
Merade (3rd Year History and Politics BA)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending