The Student Room Group

Wales or England funding problem

I'm trying to apply for funding to do an MA starting this September but currently I can't even access the correct application page.
I have been resident in Wales for the past 6 years (I just chose to relocate, it wasn't study related) but every time I try to log in to SFW to apply for funding I get redirected to SFE on the basis that my registered home address is outside of Wales. I suppose it's because I applied to them for undergraduate finance, but that was more than a decade ago. Anyway, I've checked and double checked and my SFE account lists a Welsh home address in my details. It has done for years. Is it just a stupid glitch in the online system or am I mistaken in thinking I am eligible for funding from Student Finance Wales?

Seriously hoping it's the former as it would be the difference between me being able to pursue further study or not.
You’re right it’s SFW but the online system struggles with dealing with people moving between home nations.

You should either ring up or DM SFE/SFW on Twitter/fb so they can update your account to SFW
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You’re right it’s SFW but the online system struggles with dealing with people moving between home nations.

You should either ring up or DM SFE/SFW on Twitter/fb so they can update your account to SFW

Thanks, this is very helpful, and has put my mind at ease. I will give them a call :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending