The Student Room Group

English studying a healthcare degree in Wales

Hi I understand that being English I can study in Wales with the option of a NHS bursary for tuition fees if I work in Wales for 2 year following graduation or apply to SFE for tuition fee loan. If I do the latter do you know if I am still eligible for the NHS Learning fund grant of £5,000 per year?
Original post by claireoz1975
Hi I understand that being English I can study in Wales with the option of a NHS bursary for tuition fees if I work in Wales for 2 year following graduation or apply to SFE for tuition fee loan. If I do the latter do you know if I am still eligible for the NHS Learning fund grant of £5,000 per year?

The NHS Learning Support Fund (NHS LSF) is only available to students studying an eligible course at a uni in England.

My daughter was in a similar position last year and decided against applying to unis in Wales as it didn't make financial sense. Although you can apply for a student loan to cover living costs in addition to the NHS Wales bursary, the amount that English students can get from SFE is half that of Welsh students.

For more info, have a look at this page on Cardiff's website:

https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/funding/funding-your-healthcare-course/nhs-bursary
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply, that's the conclusion we've come to aswell. Gutting as I loved Cardiff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending