The Student Room Group

Clearing and NHS Bursary

I'm not sure if a thread has been made on this yet since I'm new to this but I wondered when does one apply for NHS LSF Bursary if they are applying to university through clearing? Would their application be reviewed on time by September or would it be a risk leaving it this late, also do you have to apply for student finance if you want to apply for the NHS LSF grant, because I don't want to take a loan out for personal reasons and I'll be using the NHS grant and my own money to pay off uni, would I still be eligible? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Carrotmuffin56
I'm not sure if a thread has been made on this yet since I'm new to this but I wondered when does one apply for NHS LSF Bursary if they are applying to university through clearing? Would their application be reviewed on time by September or would it be a risk leaving it this late, also do you have to apply for student finance if you want to apply for the NHS LSF grant, because I don't want to take a loan out for personal reasons and I'll be using the NHS grant and my own money to pay off uni, would I still be eligible? Thanks in advance.

Hi there, you would need to speak with the NHS Bursary Team to discuss this with them. Thanks, Karen
Original post by Carrotmuffin56

(Original post by Carrotmuffin56)

To apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund you must be:

studying on an eligible programme at a university in England, (not Scotland, Wales or N Ireland)

eligible for tuition fees and maintenance support from the Student Loans Company, either through Student Finance England (SFE), Student Finance Wales (SFW), Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS), Student Finance Northern Ireland (SFNI)

actively in study, whether academic or practice learning

So in short, you would need to apply for student finance to be eligible for the NHS LSF. @SFE Karen could the OP apply for student finance to prove eligibilty and then decline the loans?

You need to apply to the fund within six months of the start of your course so getting a place through clearing is not a problem.

Please see the following for more details on the NHS LSF:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7324327

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund-lsf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending