The Student Room Group
BPP University
BPP University

BPP (LPC) Scholarship

Hello,

I applied for the LPC Scholarship offered by BPP two weeks ago.
I know the response date is generally within three weeks beyond submission, but has anyone received a response within the past couple of weeks, on their scholarship application?
Reply 1
Original post by LS1998
Hello,

I applied for the LPC Scholarship offered by BPP two weeks ago.
I know the response date is generally within three weeks beyond submission, but has anyone received a response within the past couple of weeks, on their scholarship application?

Hey, I'm just wondering if you heard back? I spoke to admissions and I have been informed it is usually 3 weeks.
BPP University
BPP University
Reply 2
My case is being reviewed, according to my latest update, but that was two weeks ago.

I have emailed the admissions team to ask when I’m likely to get a response back.
Reply 3
Original post by LS1998
My case is being reviewed, according to my latest update, but that was two weeks ago.

I have emailed the admissions team to ask when I’m likely to get a response back.

When did you submit your application? if you don't mind me asking of course.

Also, where do you see updates? Do they email you? When I received my offer, the portal did not update; I merely received the offer email.

Good thing you emailed them! Hopefully you hear back soon.
Reply 4
It's not a problem.

I sent my initial application off on March 4th, but the updated 'reviewing' of my application came back 19 days ago.
I was able to view the update through the 'My Applications' icon when I logged onto the BPP website.
submitted my application on March 7th and when i log in it says the same 'under review' for the past 20 days. I hope we hear soon as i need to plan my finances!
anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 7
I haven’t heard anything back yet in regards to the progression of the application, but the admissions officer responded to my email to comment “your application will progress in due course.”
I wasn’t given any additional information.
I checked my application status 2 days ago and it says im unsuccessful. Good luck to everyone else, im actually quite gutted as im not really sure how i will afford to continue with the LPC now :frown:
Reply 9
Hey girl, I am truly sorry to hear about this.... It's ok, rejection is God's projection and I am sure that what is meant to be for you is set aside. You'll be ok, everything works out in the end!

Can I just ask where do you see the status of your application? I checked the BPP portal but it does not say under review or anything.....

Original post by CharleneH87
I checked my application status 2 days ago and it says im unsuccessful. Good luck to everyone else, im actually quite gutted as im not really sure how i will afford to continue with the LPC now :frown:
Original post by ddtlara
Hey girl, I am truly sorry to hear about this.... It's ok, rejection is God's projection and I am sure that what is meant to be for you is set aside. You'll be ok, everything works out in the end!

Can I just ask where do you see the status of your application? I checked the BPP portal but it does not say under review or anything.....

ahh thanks, i just have no idea right now how im going to fund it.. may have to re-think the september start :frown:.. i just logged in to my portal and the status had been updated and said my application was unsuccessful.. good luck to you!
when did you apply? mine had said under review for over a month prior to the unsuccessful status
Reply 12
A couple of days ago I got an update saying I was successful, but I didn’t get a notification through my emails, just the BPP website itself.
I confirmed my scholarship today.
Reply 13
I applied 3 weeks ago, gave them a call today and they told me I will hear back this week!

Congrats on your scholarship LS1998 that's fantastic news!!!

Guys, I'm unsure how to check my status.... All I see on 'My Applications' is my submitted applications..... How can I find their status?
Reply 14
Thank you.
It was a surprising result to be honest, but I’m elated.

On the ‘My Applications’ tab, there is a stream of responses from BPP. Once your application has been updated, it should come up on there.
Original post by LS1998
A couple of days ago I got an update saying I was successful, but I didn’t get a notification through my emails, just the BPP website itself.

Ah that’s great for you. Is it a full scholarship? I honestly thought I may get some sort of help lol I was kind of banking on it. Looking at other options now, I may even have to move to another university :frown:
Reply 16
It’s a full scholarship, but I wasn’t expecting any funds all all, so it’s a pleasant surprise.
The whole process is brutal, particularly the competition for few places.

Have you applied to law firms for paralegal positions/solicitor training contracts?
I’ve had work experience with firms in the past that have helped to pay the LPC costs for some of their employees.
Original post by CharleneH87
Ah that’s great for you. Is it a full scholarship? I honestly thought I may get some sort of help lol I was kind of banking on it. Looking at other options now, I may even have to move to another university :frown:
Original post by LS1998
It’s a full scholarship, but I wasn’t expecting any funds all all, so it’s a pleasant surprise.
The whole process is brutal, particularly the competition for few places.

Have you applied to law firms for paralegal positions/solicitor training contracts?
I’ve had work experience with firms in the past that have helped to pay the LPC costs for some of their employees.

That’s amazing, well done. Ye I’ve applied to a few firms for training contracts but not having any luck at all.. it’s quite disheartening at this stage to be getting so many rejections lol. Makes me question my path to be honest, I’m not sure what else I can do. I don’t know if it’s my experience that’s too weak or my writing if the applications itself. I’ve no idea and I don’t know where to go from here. I’m just going to concentrate on finishing the last assessments for my degree and then have a think.
Original post by LS1998

Did you have to do an ‘additional assessment’ at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending