The Student Room Group

LPC LLM Online

Hey guys just wondering if anyone’s completing the LPC LLM online at BPP and how timetabling works and if they still send out the textbooks. Thanks.
It is a nightmare. Personal tutor and supervisor are too busy to reply. after the LLM, you may be waiting months for your results with no explanation and being ignored.
My sons did the LPC just as the pandemic ended (and did it in person and they qualified this year). I am also a solicitor. When they did it there were physical materials for each bit of the course - I used to see them lying about the house and you can use them in the exams (or could in their year). In addition however a lot of the materials were on the BPP online hub. I believe from Sept 2024 the LPC with BPP is entirely online and it may be the last session ever that people can take it as the law firms are now forced for new students to move them all to the SQE whether they like it or not.
Reply 3
Original post by Smithy001
It is a nightmare. Personal tutor and supervisor are too busy to reply. after the LLM, you may be waiting months for your results with no explanation and being ignored.

Thanks for replying! Have they sorted things out now & how did you find the course overall.
Reply 4
Original post by 17Student17
My sons did the LPC just as the pandemic ended (and did it in person and they qualified this year). I am also a solicitor. When they did it there were physical materials for each bit of the course - I used to see them lying about the house and you can use them in the exams (or could in their year). In addition however a lot of the materials were on the BPP online hub. I believe from Sept 2024 the LPC with BPP is entirely online and it may be the last session ever that people can take it as the law firms are now forced for new students to move them all to the SQE whether they like it or not.

Thanks for replying! Yeah the September intake is the last and entirely online so I was wondering if it were different at all to the face-to-face in regard to materials and examinations.
I think it will be the same as in person. My sons were just glad to be back to in person after a PGDL year in the pandemic 100% online so they did go in in term 2 (which was 2 days in person a week for them) but by term 2 it was not really necessary (the skills term) and they did end up doing quite a bit online as that saved on train fares and was just as good . I don't think the materials or exams will be any different as they use the same each year just with updates for changes in the law from the year before. I suppose the online sessions may be different for people entirely online but I expect it is just logging in and then taking part in the group sessions in groups on line

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending