The Student Room Group

Failing LPC writing assessment.

Hi all,

I am doing LPC at BPP (London Holborn). I am not a native speaker. The school failed me the second time on the writing assessment.

There was problem with the question as it did not give specific instruction as to what format they wanted us to use ie letter of advice/email/memo. Nonetheless, I did my best to give an ok answer.

The feedback I received from BPP is that the number of grammatical mistakes I made was too high that warranted a fail. I am trying to see if anyone also failed the same module and for those who passed the module already, would you mind to take a look of my answer and give some comments? Please find attached my exam answer, it is a legal memo addressing to my supervisor.

This is the first time I feel so helpless. I always work hard and I obtained 4As in GCE A level and a 2:1 from an ok university.

When I asked the school about the procedure to appeal, they referred me a webpage which says students do not have the right of appeal. I really don't know the way forward. Any guidance from you guys would be very helpful.

P.S: the content of my answer is correct because I passed my legal research assessment.
(edited 7 years ago)
Any people who have done the LPC got views on this?
Reply 2
Any comments from qualified lawyer, LPC students or SRA people would be very helpful to me.
Reply 3
I don’t understand why nobody answered it. I am in same platform looking for a proper answer.☹️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending