The Student Room Group

Practical endorsement for Imperial + Others

I will be applying for Bsc Computer Science at Imperial.

My grades:
A* Mathematics
A* Biology (no practical endorsement)
A* Chemistry (no practical endorsement)

Will this harm my application if I have not done the practical part of those A Levels. Especially because none of that science / practical skills are required for computing ( I would think).

Would the grades for both sciences not be counted? Has anyone been successful in applying without practical endorsements, for a non-science related degree?

Thank u so much
Reply 1
Original post by izyz

My grades:
A* Mathematics

Will this harm my application if I have not done the practical part of those A Levels. Especially because none of that science / practical skills are required for computing ( I would think).

Would the grades for both sciences not be counted? Has anyone been successful in applying without practical endorsements, for a non-science related degree?

Thank u so much

I think it will specify on the applications page on the Imperial website but you need to also do your practical endorsement to fully pass your science A Levels, even though this may not be needed in your course.
and tecnhically computer science is science related, hence the computer "science"
np x
Reply 2
Original post by izyz

My grades:
A* Mathematics

Thank u so much

Hi I wanted to ask if you were successful in your application. I’m in the same position as I’m currently doing my A levels privately and cannot afford the practical endorsement fees.

Please let me know if Imperial accepted you or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending