The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

USW application for Sep 2021 / Help

Hello, my name is David and I applied for a BSc in computing in January through UCAS to start in September 2021 at the University of South Wales, Newport campus. This university was my first choice but it's May now and I still don't have an offer from them. Should I be worried? I am a UK national and although I completed all my previous education in Spain, I meet all the requirements for the course I am applying for. My other choices have all got back to me fast with unconditional offers, the only offer I don't have is from USW which is the one I am all set to go to. I have applied for student loans, got my bank account all ready , paid for my flights to go to USW and I have even paid the deposit for Newport student accommodation. Can anyone offer me some help or advice?

My UCAS personal ID is 1580251903, full name: David Anthony William Thompson.

Thank you!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Dave0099
Hello, my name is David and I applied for a BSc in computing in January through UCAS to start in September 2021 at the University of South Wales, Newport campus. This university was my first choice but it's May now and I still don't have an offer from them. Should I be worried? I am a UK national and although I completed all my previous education in Spain, I meet all the requirements for the course I am applying for. My other choices have all got back to me fast with unconditional offers, the only offer I don't have is from USW which is the one I am all set to go to. I have applied for student loans, got my bank account all ready , paid for my flights to go to USW and I have even paid the deposit for Newport student accommodation. Can anyone offer me some help or advice?

My UCAS personal ID is 1580251903, full name: David Anthony William Thompson.

Thank you!

Hi @Dave0099, I didn't see this information, so thank you. I will chase this up for you today and get back to you. Thanks Rebecca
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi @Dave0099, I didn't see this information, so thank you. I will chase this up for you today and get back to you. Thanks Rebecca

Hi @Dave0099 - good news, your application has now been processed and you should have received an email to confirm this. Apologies it took a while. We look forward to welcoming you to USW in September. I am based a few days a week on the Newport Campus (pre-Covid), so hope to catch up with you at some point, it is a lovely, small and friendly campus. In the meantime, if I can help further please do let me know. Congratulations :smile: Rebecca
Reply 3
Hi @Dave0099 - good news, your application has now been processed and you should have received an email to confirm this. Apologies it took a while. We look forward to welcoming you to USW in September. I am based a few days a week on the Newport Campus (pre-Covid), so hope to catch up with you at some point, it is a lovely, small and friendly campus. In the meantime, if I can help further please do let me know. Congratulations :smile: Rebecca

Thank you very much!! I have got my offer now. Very grateful for the help and I am very excited to be studying there this September. Really looking forward to it!:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Dave0099
Thank you very much!! I have got my offer now. Very grateful for the help and I am very excited to be studying there this September. Really looking forward to it!:smile:

Hi @Dave0099, no problem at all, apologies for the delay in receiving your offer. We are very excited to have you studying with us. See you in September. If I can help further, please let me know. If you would like to become a paid student ambassador complete this application form when you arrive in September - we could do with some more Newport campus ones. Thanks Rebecca :smile: https://www.southwales.ac.uk/about/schools-and-colleges/student-ambassadors/
Reply 5
Hi @Dave0099, no problem at all, apologies for the delay in receiving your offer. We are very excited to have you studying with us. See you in September. If I can help further, please let me know. If you would like to become a paid student ambassador complete this application form when you arrive in September - we could do with some more Newport campus ones. Thanks Rebecca :smile: https://www.southwales.ac.uk/about/schools-and-colleges/student-ambassadors/

Thanks! Well, there was one thing in my offer that came with the condition of completing an IELTS test with a score of 6.0, and I was wondering if this was a mistake as I am a UK national and English is my first language. In addition to this, I have already completed a B2 level exam with very high marks which is the equivalent to an IELTS 5.5-6.5. I have sent an email to admissions though anyway, along with my certification that proves I already have this level of English, just to confirm if I must do this exam when I have already completed the equivalent as it is a costly test. However, I am still very grateful for the offer:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending