The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Transfer from Salford uni to MMU

Hi, I am a software engineering student
Is there a a way of transferring from Salford to mmu before second year starts. if so how can this be done
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am a software engineering student
Is there a a way of transferring from Salford to mmu before second year starts. if so how can this be done

Hi!

Sorry for the delay in responding to you, I have just come across your question. Unfortunately, the way to apply for a transfer at this stage is through Clearing. Our clearing closed to applications at the end of August, therefore we are not accepting any applications/transfers for September 2021. Sorry for any disappointment this may cause!

Carly:smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I am currently in first year at another uni, would I be able to apply to transfer to MMU for second year, I did speak to the admissions office and they said I could but I want to be 100% sure.
I hope you guys get back in touch with me as I would appreciate it
I am currently in first year at another uni, would I be able to apply to transfer to MMU for second year, I did speak to the admissions office and they said I could but I want to be 100% sure.
I hope you guys get back in touch with me as I would appreciate it

Hi!

That should not be a problem as we can consider transfers from other universities into 2/3rd year of our full-time degrees, However, we do not accept transfers during the academic year, therefore it would need to be for September 2022. Which course would you like to transfer on to? Just so i can confirm if we can accept transfers for that course!

Carly :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi!

That should not be a problem as we can consider transfers from other universities into 2/3rd year of our full-time degrees, However, we do not accept transfers during the academic year, therefore it would need to be for September 2022. Which course would you like to transfer on to? Just so i can confirm if we can accept transfers for that course!

Sorry for the late reply, the course is software engineering
I appreciate it Carly 👍
Sorry for the late reply, the course is software engineering
I appreciate it Carly 👍

No problem! We can consider transfers into our 2nd year of Software Engineering. Just to let you know where advanced entry is possible it is always considered individually by the Admissions Tutor and only suitable when an applicant has successfully completed sufficient study in a subject closely related to the degree they wish to study here at MMU. The Admissions Tutor will have to assess how closely your previous study matches the degree here at MMU to determine if you have the necessary subject knowledge and academic skills to progress onto year 2/3 of the chosen degree

If you didn't know to be considered for a transfer, you will need to complete a new UCAS application at www.ucas.com Please ensure you complete the relevant section of the online application which indicates your point of entry i.e. 2 so the admissions team are aware you are applying for 2nd year.

I hope this helps!
Reply 6
No problem! We can consider transfers into our 2nd year of Software Engineering. Just to let you know where advanced entry is possible it is always considered individually by the Admissions Tutor and only suitable when an applicant has successfully completed sufficient study in a subject closely related to the degree they wish to study here at MMU. The Admissions Tutor will have to assess how closely your previous study matches the degree here at MMU to determine if you have the necessary subject knowledge and academic skills to progress onto year 2/3 of the chosen degree

If you didn't know to be considered for a transfer, you will need to complete a new UCAS application at www.ucas.com Please ensure you complete the relevant section of the online application which indicates your point of entry i.e. 2 so the admissions team are aware you are applying for 2nd year.

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much
This helped me a lot 😃
Thank you so much
This helped me a lot 😃

No problem! Any of questions let me know and i will do my best to help!

I hope this helps!

Can you transfer for 3rd year Journalism ?
Original post by Unknown.101
Can you transfer for 3rd year Journalism ?

Hi @Unknown.101

Yes, we can consider transfers to year 3 of BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism but as mentioned in previous posts, it is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor and only suitable when an applicant has successfully completed sufficient study in a related subject.

If you wanted to apply for a transfer to start in September 2023, you would need to apply through Clearing at this stage. Our clearing advisers will be happy to help if you call them on 0161 247 3000.

I hope this helps!
Chloe :smile:
Hi @Unknown.101

Yes, we can consider transfers to year 3 of BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism but as mentioned in previous posts, it is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor and only suitable when an applicant has successfully completed sufficient study in a related subject.

If you wanted to apply for a transfer to start in September 2023, you would need to apply through Clearing at this stage. Our clearing advisers will be happy to help if you call them on 0161 247 3000.

I hope this helps!
Chloe :smile:

hi i’ve got a question say if i got a 2.1 in first year , amazing personal statement but i’m only a few ucas points off the requirements (what happened to me) would i still be accepted into the course i want to study in second year? or would i be rejected because of my previous academic achievements even though i did well in first year because i’m trying to transfer into mmu for psychology in 2nd yr.
Original post by sabziannaa
hi i’ve got a question say if i got a 2.1 in first year , amazing personal statement but i’m only a few ucas points off the requirements (what happened to me) would i still be accepted into the course i want to study in second year? or would i be rejected because of my previous academic achievements even though i did well in first year because i’m trying to transfer into mmu for psychology in 2nd yr.

Hi @sabziannaa
Unfortunately we cannot consider transfers into year 2 or 3 of our Psychology courses. As a rule of thumb, though, for advanced entry admissions would look at your 1st year results. Sorry if this is disappointing. - Chloe

I hope this helps!

Hi! Can you consider transfers into 1st year Law?
Thank you!
Original post by shakira2343
Hi! Can you consider transfers into 1st year Law?
Thank you!

Hi @shakira2343!

What would you be transferring from? If it's a law foundation year from another university, we can consider it but it won't be guaranteed. To apply, you would submit a regular UCAS application.

Hope this helps!

Chloe 🙂
Reply 14
Hi @shakira2343!

What would you be transferring from? If it's a law foundation year from another university, we can consider it but it won't be guaranteed. To apply, you would submit a regular UCAS application.

Hope this helps!

Chloe 🙂

hi i am currently studying software engineering foundation year at university of salford is it too late to transfer to mmu for the same course

kind regards,
Original post by faylino
hi i am currently studying software engineering foundation year at university of salford is it too late to transfer to mmu for the same course

kind regards,

Hi @faylino if you want to apply for Software Engineering year 1 to start Sep 24, the application deadline is 31st Jan 24 and you will need to apply through UCAS. - Chloe 🙂
does mmu accept transfers to second year for computer science
Original post by Anonymous #2
does mmu accept transfers to second year for computer science
Hi! Yes, we can consider transfers into year 2🙂 - Chloe
Reply 18
does mmu accept transfers to 2nd year for fashion marketing?
Original post by fishola
does mmu accept transfers to 2nd year for fashion marketing?

Hi @fishola! Yes we can consider your application for this course. As mentioned in previous posts, you can apply for year 2 entry via UCAS. - Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending