The Student Room Group

Maths parametric equations help pleasee!

I’m not sure if I shouldn divide the two at sin^2t or not
Reply 1
image.jpgimage.jpg
Reply 2
I have got a but can someone show me the the sketch of curve c and part c
Original post by helpme111
I have got a but can someone show me the the sketch of curve c and part c

You should be able to sketch that yourself - it's simply a quadratic that's inverted (minus sign in front of the brackets) and translated by ...? Have a go.

c) At the points of intersection the two equations are satisfied simultanesouly, so eliminate y between them to get a quadratic whose roots will be the x-coordinates of the point(s) of intersection. Since you want there to be two points you require the resulting quadratic to have two roots. This is a technique you should have encountered before.
Reply 4
Original post by ghostwalker
You should be able to sketch that yourself - it's simply a quadratic that's inverted (minus sign in front of the brackets) and translated by ...? Have a go.

c) At the points of intersection the two equations are satisfied simultanesouly, so eliminate y between them to get a quadratic whose roots will be the x-coordinates of the point(s) of intersection. Since you want there to be two points you require the resulting quadratic to have two roots. This is a technique you should have encountered before.

I don't have the answers to these questions so i wanted to check thankyou
Original post by helpme111
I don't have the answers to these questions so i wanted to check thankyou

You can post your working if you want someone to check it.

Quick Reply

Latest