The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wise Goldie
okay i ask more then lol i like asking stuff

do you think non religious like me go to hell?
are all your family christian?
have you looked at other faiths like islam?

Aha no worries

Hmmm ohh Goldie it's a hard one. There are so many different opinions, and Im not really sure I have my own opinion yet :no: I really hope not :frown: and I would love to say no to you, but I just don't know. Maybe I'll do some more research and get back to you. :ashamed2:
My family are actually really Christian; apart from my maternal grandfather everyone including great aunts and second cousins are; I'm very lucky although it does mean that sometimes I struggle with being open about my faith because I feel very shielded with everyone around me being Christian.
I've never looked at them with the mind to follow them/change religion but I've studied them in RS. I think its very interesting to see the differences and I love chatting with people of other/no faith. :smile:
Original post by heldbygrace
Aha no worries

Hmmm ohh Goldie it's a hard one. There are so many different opinions, and Im not really sure I have my own opinion yet :no: I really hope not :frown: and I would love to say no to you, but I just don't know. Maybe I'll do some more research and get back to you. :ashamed2:
My family are actually really Christian; apart from my maternal grandfather everyone including great aunts and second cousins are; I'm very lucky although it does mean that sometimes I struggle with being open about my faith because I feel very shielded with everyone around me being Christian.
I've never looked at them with the mind to follow them/change religion but I've studied them in RS. I think its very interesting to see the differences and I love chatting with people of other/no faith. :smile:

you cant do research cos its a opinion and i dont believe in hell or heaven anyway(we all end up in the ground sorry lol) so you did not upset me lol:biggrin: i just that when i was at church years ago i told that atheists go to hell and i wondering if people still all think that

yeh a agree if everyone i family same opinion as you then you never get other peoples viewpoints is that what you mean

i have family/freinds who are jewish, christian ,athiests
(edited 2 years ago)
Aha no worries

also i hate it when people say i believe in nothing when we are athiests cos i do i believe in family and friendships:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
:hi: nice to meet you
Thats awesome, ooh yep 'tis a classic :yep:

Nice pfp btw. Ducks are cute!
Reply 24
If you have a spare 10 minutes, this will give you a clear understanding of
"Daniel's seventy weeks prophecy"

Numbers 14:34 After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

Ezekiel 4:1, 6 Thou also, son of man, take thee a tile, and lay it before thee, and portray upon it the city, even Jerusalem: . . . And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 25
Some personal testimonies of people (I know) finding the salvation here:
https://revivalontheairtoday.com/
I've been belonging to the Catholic Church for 25 years since infancy, yet I've been straddling between believing and doubting due to circumstances.

I don't what Bible verse this is, but it says, "Am I not allowed to do my own?"
Reply 27
Original post by SlaveofAll
I've been belonging to the Catholic Church for 25 years since infancy, yet I've been straddling between believing and doubting due to circumstances.

I don't what Bible verse this is, but it says, "Am I not allowed to do my own?"

Matthew 20:15 KJV
Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
Original post by NJA
Matthew 20:15 KJV
Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

That verse is like my motto.
Reply 29
Original post by SlaveofAll
That verse is like my motto.

Don't limit yourself

Matthew 4:4 "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
Original post by NJA
Don't limit yourself

Matthew 4:4 "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

I mean, the verse click on with me very well.
Hello - just found this thread :smile:

I worship at a C of E church now. I don't take much notice of denominations as I've been part of other churches when a student and when we lived somewhere else.

I can't pick a favourite Bible verse - I offer Romans 8 vv31 - 39

I love many worship songs - this seems appropriate for today:

Happy Pentecost everyone! :grouphugs:
Reply 33
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

What is the personal relevance of Pentecost to non-Pentecostals?
Is it just seen as a temporary thing God did unlike the universal relevance of the other feasts (Passover, atonement, ingathering...)?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I can’t believe I’m Pentecostal and have no idea what Pentecost is🤦🏾*♀️ Please explain
Reply 35
Original post by Ten-Ten
I can’t believe I’m Pentecostal and have no idea what Pentecost is🤦🏾*♀️ Please explain

either your church is poor at teaching or you are poor at listening!

Pentecost is Acts 2 where the church started.
They all received the Spirit of God and spoke in tongues, I would have thought Pentes should believe it's the same today.
Original post by Ten-Ten

It's the church's birthday - we are having an outdoor party later!
Original post by NJA
either your church is poor at teaching or you are poor at listening!

Pentecost is Acts 2 where the church started.
They all received the Spirit of God and spoke in tongues, I would have thought Pentes should believe it's the same today.

Yeah they taught us that verse but not in the way that it’s centred around a specific day. I do recall reading that the spirit of God descended and people spoke in tongues but that’s not something I celebrate
Original post by NJA
What is the personal relevance of Pentecost to non-Pentecostals?
Is it just seen as a temporary thing God did unlike the universal relevance of the other feasts (Passover, atonement, ingathering...)?

It's not seen as a temporary thing, at least not for Roman Catholics. For Roman Catholics, it's the founding day of the Church :smile: So very relevant :biggrin:
Original post by Muttley79
It's the church's birthday - we are having an outdoor party later!

Ohhh. That’s cool, never knew that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending