The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science in Coventry University vs Nottingham/ Newcastle uni Malaysia

Hi guys,

Recently, I've got offers of Bachelor of biomedical science form University of Reading, Queen Belfast, University of Essex and Coventry University. However, as I applied for 2nd year entry via UCAS, all of my application was given by 1st year entry from those unis responses except for Coventry Uni.

My background:
Actually, I studied in Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Australia for 3 semesters in biomed few years before. Because of some personal reasons, I needed to get back to my home country (Hong Kong), after the thing settled, I decided to study in UK.

Questions:
- Is it good to study biomedical science in Coventry University?

- As I know that the degree of Biomed in CU is accredited by IBMS, but how can I become a clinical scientist after I graduated? Becoming a clinical scientist is my goal.

- Is it possible to become a registered biomedical scientist then to go for STP and become registered clinical scientist? Would there any problem if I am a registered biomedical scientist and clinical scientist at the same time?

- After graduating, follow the route to do the Registration Training Portfolio or go straight to apply STP is recommended? Is it nearly impossible to successfully get into STP without any experience or MSc?

- Should I choose to study in Coventry Uni or Nottingham/ Newcastle uni in Malaysia campus?

- If I graduating in Nottingham/ Newcastle uni Malaysia, will my qualification be recognised by NHS or other UK authorised organisation, so I can apply for STP?

Hope that someone can give me some advice, coz these things have bothered me so much, Many thx!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending