The Student Room Group

PPE at Warwick vs. Manchester

Hi,

I've received offers to study PPE from both the University of Warwick and the University of Manchester. I need to pick one as my insurance and firm choice soon. I wanted more details about the course, ranking/prestige, social life, opportunities, etc.
Reply 1
They're about the same for Philosophy and Politics but Warwick is better for Economics. Source: The Complete University Guide.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of 1960s era origin universities (which Warwick is - they can be OK as campuses but boring as somewhere to live) and I find Manchester a city that has too much of a business feel for my liking. Generally, Manchester is pretty highly regarded for sciences, given that it's had more UK Nobel prize winners than anywhere except Oxbridge and UCL, however everyone knows that Warwick is very well regarded for Maths (perhaps a bit too well known given that Imperial, Bristol, and Glasgow rival it).

For the same grade requirements, have you considered Durham too? Not far from the bright lights of Newcastle. Or there's LSE (if you've got an A* in Maths), UCL, Kings College London, or Nottingham. Nottingham's not generally as highly ranked as the others (it used to be a top 10-20 university) but is more highly ranked than Manchester for Economics.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by jiyaab
Hi,
I've received offers to study PPE from both the University of Warwick and the University of Manchester. I need to pick one as my insurance and firm choice soon. I wanted more details about the course, ranking/prestige, social life, opportunities, etc.

pretty sure warwick is better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending