The Student Room Group

Early years pgce

Hi, I am applying for a pgce in early years this year . I have a 2.1 in both early years and social work. I have also managed a play group setting . I have lots of experience. But if I get an interview I am not sure how I will do . I find interviews difficult. Any advice on what the interview is like and will there be exams during the interview? Any advice is welcome.
Reply 1
Hi, I am applying for a pgce in early years this year . I have a 2.1 in both early years and social work. I have also managed a play group setting . I have lots of experience. But if I get an interview I am not sure how I will do . I find interviews difficult. Any advice on what the interview is like and will there be exams during the interview? Any advice is welcome.
Reply 2
I didn't do an early years pgce, but am doing primary. However the interview including questions about my prior experience and what I learnt from it. Questions about safeguarding. Questions about potential teaching scenarios and what I would do etc.
Original post by FeiFeiLi
I didn't do an early years pgce, but am doing primary. However the interview including questions about my prior experience and what I learnt from it. Questions about safeguarding. Questions about potential teaching scenarios and what I would do etc.

Thanks for your reply🙂
Did you have a maths and English exam during the interview process? Or have to a group part to the interview. I have been reading online that this has been part of the process.
I am applying to Stranmillis in Northern Ireland.
Reply 4
Original post by Charlie0071

Thanks for your reply🙂
Did you have a maths and English exam during the interview process? Or have to a group part to the interview. I have been reading online that this has been part of the process.
I am applying to Stranmillis in Northern Ireland.

Hi, I did not no.

This will differ with different universities. For me I had long since graduated school and university and had already provided all academic qualification proof.
Reply 5
Hey! 😊 have you heard back from Stranmillis?
Original post by Alexh99
Hey! 😊 have you heard back from Stranmillis?
Yes I have an interview🙂 .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending