The Student Room Group

Can I get a first in my final year ?

I just got back my grade for my second module and it’s 44% my previous grade was a 45% and this is in second year. I still have approximately 3-5 more assignments left of the second year and then more in the final year. Would it still be possible for me to get a first? And if I can how much would I need and how I’m stuck at the 40s no matter how much research I do.
Original post by User_29373929
I just got back my grade for my second module and it’s 44% my previous grade was a 45% and this is in second year. I still have approximately 3-5 more assignments left of the second year and then more in the final year. Would it still be possible for me to get a first? And if I can how much would I need and how I’m stuck at the 40s no matter how much research I do.

In order to answer this question accurately, we'd need to know:

1. How your uni weights your per-year results to obtain you final degree classification. Some will use a ratio of 0:30:70 (i.e. year 1 has no impact, year 2 is weighted 30%, and year 3 is weighted 70%). Others use 0:40:60, 0:33:67, 0:25:75, 10:20:70, etc.

2. How many credits your first two modules were worth (where you obtained 45% and 44% respectively).

However, mathematically, it's almost certainly possible to get a first. It's just impossible to say what you'd need to get from herein to make that happen.

How did you do last year? Have you been mid-40s since you started the course, or have things changed (results-wise) this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending