The Student Room Group

Primary Education with QTS @ Edge Hill

Hi everyone,

I am starting at Edge Hill in September studying Primary Education with QTS and was wondering if there is anyone else planning on going? I’m hoping to get to know people before I start!

Also, if anyone who is studying or has studied Primary Ed can you give me any tips on how to prepare? Is there anything I will benefit from buying / doing / reading before I actually start!?

Thank you!
Original post by chloesealeyy
Hi everyone,

I am starting at Edge Hill in September studying Primary Education with QTS and was wondering if there is anyone else planning on going? I’m hoping to get to know people before I start!

Also, if anyone who is studying or has studied Primary Ed can you give me any tips on how to prepare? Is there anything I will benefit from buying / doing / reading before I actually start!?

Thank you!

Hi @chloesealeyy,

Congratulations on your offer to study with us. It's great to hear that you'll be joining us in September.

Offer holders will be invited to our applicant webpages in the coming months where you can view your induction week timetable and key course dates. You will also have access to the contact details for your course leader, who may be able to suggest some recommended reading.

I would certainly encourage you to read about the current climate in education and familiarise yourself with the national curriculum.

You may also find it helpful to speak with some of our current education students like Hannah. She would be happy to let you know what she found useful to research before the start of her course.

I hope this helps. Have a lovely summer and looking forward to welcoming you in September,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Hi Chloesealley,

I am also studying the PGCE Primary with QTS with Edge Hill University this September. I am studying with the Holy Cross campus cluster. I am keen to start. I am slowly working my way through our pre-course activities. I have spent most of my time reading books from the UKLA book awards and updating my reading journal. I have also been studying math for Key stage 2 with the CGP books. How have you been getting on with our pre-course activities?

Harry
Reply 3
Original post by Itsharry93
Hi Chloesealley,

I am also studying the PGCE Primary with QTS with Edge Hill University this September. I am studying with the Holy Cross campus cluster. I am keen to start. I am slowly working my way through our pre-course activities. I have spent most of my time reading books from the UKLA book awards and updating my reading journal. I have also been studying math for Key stage 2 with the CGP books. How have you been getting on with our pre-course activities?

Harry

Hey!

I will be studying the 3 year undergrad course, which I believe is different to yours (I may be wrong!), not sure if they run join touching across them both? I’ve pretty much covered the pre course activities to be honest, I’m just reading through the current curriculum spec and making myself familiar with it!

Good idea about the CGP books - I will have a look at them!

Are you all ready to start?

Chloe
Reply 4
Hey!

I will be studying the 3 year undergrad course, which I believe is different to yours (I may be wrong!), not sure if they run join touching across them both? I’ve pretty much covered the pre course activities to be honest, I’m just reading through the current curriculum spec and making myself familiar with it!

Good idea about the CGP books - I will have a look at them!

Are you all ready to start?

Chloe

Hi Chloe,

Sorry about the late reply. I have been super busy getting myself ready for my first placement. I hope you have had a great first few weeks on your undergad course! Good luck on the course and I hope you enjoy it!

Harry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending