The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollymop902
Ah! Thank you so much for the quick reply! That's put me at ease a little. <3

also just want to make sure, we only have to answer ONE section in section 2 right?
Original post by plshelpmelol
also just want to make sure, we only have to answer ONE section in section 2 right?

Yes, because it says so on the front of the 2020 past paper and the 2020 specimen paper.
How did everyone find the NSAA if they’re applying to Cambridge?
Questions were very easy but I ran out of time. Guessed like half of both sections
Original post by stupidsugarsnap

Ran out of time and forgot to guess the remaining questions :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by fjulbarg
Questions were very easy but I ran out of time. Guessed like half of both sections

Same, I thought I'd be alone
Reply 66
Original post by stupidsugarsnap

Maths section 1 I had to guess a few at the end bc I ran out of time, chem section 1 and bio section 1 found better than the past papers though
Anyone did physics questions? Did you finish them?
Original post by lisurui6

Hey, I did them and guessed half. I couldn’t finish either section.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 69

Did Physics in both sections and both went pretty terribly, math's section went alright though

yes. I did awfully though because I started my exam late and was in a bad mindset. had to guess half the questions. how did you find it?
Original post by eimov.hirano
yes. I did awfully though because I started my exam late and was in a bad mindset. had to guess half the questions. how did you find it?

same, my classroom was right next to two music rooms and clearly no one had told the teachers that we have exams going on - it was so loud (basically year 7s playing drunken sailor on the piano and hitting a few drums and glockenspiels over and over again).
Mine went pretty meh, to be honest. I had 20 minutes left of section 1 and realised I hadn't even started the chem part yet, so I guessed the rest of the 10 maths questions. Chem section 1 was alright but I didn't even ATTEMPT chem section 2. I took one look and that was enough, had to do Biology section 2 which was okay but I hadn't revised for it as much as the chem one...

Overall, maybe 30-40%. Hopefully the rest of my application will help me. :frown:
Original post by Skiwi
Did Physics in both sections and both went pretty terribly, math's section went alright though

we are in the same boat
Reply 74
hia! super important so would really appreciate a reply, how much time did u guys get to complete the section 1 paper? thanks so much :smile:
Original post by s8520
Maths section 1 I had to guess a few at the end bc I ran out of time, chem section 1 and bio section 1 found better than the past papers though

i agree the maths questions took up so much time so i ended up having to guess like half of them😭 they weren't even that difficult just long
Original post by b41003
hia! super important so would really appreciate a reply, how much time did u guys get to complete the section 1 paper? thanks so much :smile:

60 mins!
Original post by stressmeister
i agree the maths questions took up so much time so i ended up having to guess like half of them😭 they weren't even that difficult just long

same here, I just finished 15 questions and 35 min already passed and so I have to move on to chem section, at the end I just guessed the remaining 5 questions without looking at the questions
Original post by mollymop902
Mine went pretty meh, to be honest. I had 20 minutes left of section 1 and realised I hadn't even started the chem part yet, so I guessed the rest of the 10 maths questions. Chem section 1 was alright but I didn't even ATTEMPT chem section 2. I took one look and that was enough, had to do Biology section 2 which was okay but I hadn't revised for it as much as the chem one...

Overall, maybe 30-40%. Hopefully the rest of my application will help me. :frown:

I took chem section 2, it was really hard and I just give up after doing a few and decide to guess all the remaining questions without looking at the questions. You are lucky tho, I didn't revise for biology and I dun dare to take it
Reply 79
Original post by apple green tea
same here, I just finished 15 questions and 35 min already passed and so I have to move on to chem section, at the end I just guessed the remaining 5 questions without looking at the questions

I started on chem section 1, knowing I’m better at it than maths so wanted to use full 30 mins but that meant at the end of section 1 i had like 5 maths qus to do in 5 mins at the end which were pretty much guesses

Latest

Trending

Trending