The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

About University of Essex

Hello everyone! Happy new year! Wishing you are all finding well for the start of 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ and sorting out your study 📚👍🏻😉

Today, I would like to introduce our Uni to you all. I am starting on
1. Information about university (location, diversity, acknowledgement)
2. Courses provided

1. First of all, let's start with the information about our university! University of Essex is a campus-based university which has 3️⃣ campuses.
- Colchester campus is the main campus with the largest of 3 campuses, making it one of the most internationally diverse campuses. It is a campus full of green areas, you will be surrounded by trees and leaks, being close to nature! 🌲☀️🍃

- Southend campus which is located in Southened-On-Sea. You may well study at this campus if you are joining our School of Health and Social Care, East 15 Acting School, or Essex Business School. 🌊✨

- The last campus will be the Loughton campus, the campus for students who are studying at the East 15 Acting School. 💃🏻👯*♀️🕺🏿

As a student who is studying at University of Essex, I am always amazed by the diversity of students. It is home to 15,000 students who are from over 130 countries all over the world. Feel free to meet new friends here and study together! 😙🫱🏼*🫲🏽

Likewise, we should not forget the acknowledgements of this uni. University of Essex is ranked as top 40 in the UK (Complete University Guide 2023), 25th in the UK for research quality (Times Good University Guide 2022), Top 25 for international outlook (Times Higher Education, World University Rankings 2022) and 88% of our graduates are in employment or further study (Graduate Outcomes 2022). Our university is always aiming for improvement and providing the best quality of teaching four our students. 🤩😎🤓

2. There are 3️⃣ main faculties at the University of Essex, which are the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Science and Health and Faculty of Social Sciences.

- For Faculty of Arts and Humanities, there are 7 main departments (East 15 Acting School, Essex Pathways Department, Department of History, Department of Literature, Film, and Theatre Studies, Essex Law School, School of Philosophy and Art History and Edge Hotel School)

-For Faculty of Science and Health, it contains 6 departments. (School of Life Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Department of Psychology, School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, School of Health and Social Care and School of Sports, Rehabilitation and Exercise Sciences)

- Faculty of Social Science contains 6 departments. (Department of Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies, Department of Economics, Essex Business School, Department of Government, Department of Language and Linguistics and Department of Sociology)

You may find more details about the courses provided by Ucas: https://www.ucas.com/explore/related/91f1f141-d376-4883-0afa-65d325c06ed0?studyYear=current

Hope you all find the information above useful and feel free to ask any questions! I will be opening a forum about student life and the reasons I chose University of Essex soon! ☺️💓
Hello
Is anyone travelling from Dubai to Essex Colchester by end of Sep.

Please reply lets connect

Thanks
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hello
Is anyone travelling from Dubai to Essex Colchester by end of Sep.

Please reply lets connect

Thanks

I hope you managed to connect with someone! 😊🎓

Essex Official Rep
(edited 6 months ago)
hey,

if you need contraception, morning after pill, STI testing, STI treatment, PrEP, PEP, or pregnancy testing, you can visit Brook Southend -- it's on the first floor of The Victoria Shopping Centre, in the high street. it's free for everyone living, working or studying in Southend, including uni students and regardless of immigration status. you can call them on 0330 135 5916, book online at sxt.health/uk, or visit their website at sexualhealthsouthend.co.uk.

any questions and you can use the webchat service on their website, available during the week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending