The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by s8520
I started on chem section 1, knowing I’m better at it than maths so wanted to use full 30 mins but that meant at the end of section 1 i had like 5 maths qus to do in 5 mins at the end which were pretty much gues

wow so u r able to finish chem section 1 in 30 min
Reply 81
Original post by apple green tea
wow so u r able to finish chem section 1 in 30 min

ye I did all the chem qus in 30mins but chem is defo my best section and maths didnt go as well as chem unfortunately
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by s8520
ye I did all the chem qus in 30mins but chem is defo my best section and maths didnt go as well as chem unfortunately

I am opposite, coz I did math first. U did chem section 2? or u choose bio in section 2?
Reply 83
I am opposite, coz I did math first. U did chem section 2? or u choose bio in section 2?

bio section2, wbu
anyone do physics section 2? If so how did u find it?
Original post by s8520
bio section2, wbu

Both chem. Is it hard for biology?
Reply 86
Both chem. Is it hard for biology?

I dunno it’s different like I think to some extent there’s more thinking involved but one u get ur head round the qu it’s ok. I was gonna do chem section 2 but after attempting one past paper realised I can’t do the mental maths that quickly😂
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by eimov.hirano
anyone do physics section 2? If so how did u find it?

afwul
Reply 88
I am also on the ran out of time train. Had 15mins to do Chem section 1 (which is my strongest section). Section 2 Chem plenty of time per Q, however 2 out of the 3 mins allocated was spent trying to read the damned thing. Never seen chem Qs so wordy. I think most people here could do nearly all (if not all) of the questions given enough time. It’s the time pressure that’s got us all.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by s8520
I started on chem section 1, knowing I’m better at it than maths so wanted to use full 30 mins but that meant at the end of section 1 i had like 5 maths qus to do in 5 mins at the end which were pretty much guesses

I wish I had thought to do this, but knowing me I would’ve forgotten to go back to the maths section.
Chem 1 was meant to be where I scooped up marks. Ended up sprinting through 20Qs in 15mins because of my very unfortunate time allocation.

Got wayyy too focused on getting the right answer rather than clock watching.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Skiwi
afwul

roughly how many did you manage to do? and how many do you think got right ?
Reply 91
Original post by JPWR1
I wish I had thought to do this, but knowing me I would’ve forgotten to go back to the maths section.
Chem 1 was meant to be where I scooped up marks. Ended up sprinting through 20Qs in 15mins because of my very unfortunate time allocation.

Got wayyy too focused on getting the right answer rather than clock watching.

yeah up to the night before I had done past papers doing maths first and didn’t even think to do chem first but then realised that if I wanted to get the marks in the section I can actually do it was probs better for me to do it first and make sure I defo had 30 mins for it. But yeah same for maths, I kinda forgot about the time and was tryna get them right but then the last few qus I had hardly any time to look at them
I did bio in both and I should’ve probably done chem section 2 bc bio was so hard 😬 I did bio section 1 first then maths and maths was awful but bio was meh. All of it was worse than all the practice papers and BMAT questions I did for prep so I have no idea how I did- hoping the grade boundaries were low!!
Reply 93
Your application for Natural Sciences at University of Cambridge has been changed. Please view the choice to check the change.9 November 2021, 10:30”When I log in, no change?
Reply 94
Original post by JPWR1
Your application for Natural Sciences at University of Cambridge has been changed. Please view the choice to check the change.9 November 2021, 10:30”When I log in, no change?

hi! What college is this?
Reply 95
Original post by Sm.c11
hi! What college is this?

Hughes hall :smile:
Has anyone had an offer from Lancaster, Nottingham or York for Natural Science yet ?
Reply 97
Original post by Gemster01
Has anyone had an offer from Lancaster, Nottingham or York for Natural Science yet ?

Hi, I got an offer from York 2 weeks after my ucas was sent off
Original post by s8520
Hi, I got an offer from York 2 weeks after my ucas was sent off

Congratulations ! York asked me which stream I wanted to follow a few weeks ago and since then I've heard nothing :frown: which stream are you taking ?
Many Unis are being very cautious about making offers and will probably not make the bulk of offers until after the Jan deadline.
Don't worry. It isnt a race. An offer is an offer whenever you get it.

Latest

Trending

Trending