The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster University

I might be doing a foundation course in Westminster as i might not get in my first option of course due to grades, and i dont mind doing 5 yrs instead of 4 , but i was wondering what can you expect from a foundation course in Westminster.
Original post by Anonymous
I might be doing a foundation course in Westminster as i might not get in my first option of course due to grades, and i dont mind doing 5 yrs instead of 4 , but i was wondering what can you expect from a foundation course in Westminster.

Hi there,

A foundation year before your degree helps prepare you for the first year of your course. You will learn how to study and be assessed, gain the skills needed for higher level study, get a good introduction to your subject area, get a taste of university life and receive a guaranteed place on your chosen degree once you pass.

You can find more information about the foundation courses we have at the University of Westminster https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/westminster-foundation-courses

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by James-Uni of Westminster
Hi there,

A foundation year before your degree helps prepare you for the first year of your course. You will learn how to study and be assessed, gain the skills needed for higher level study, get a good introduction to your subject area, get a taste of university life and receive a guaranteed place on your chosen degree once you pass.

You can find more information about the foundation courses we have at the University of Westminster https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/westminster-foundation-courses

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team

That was very helpful, thank you very much. I just have one question. So i just need to do well at the end to secure a place for the official start of the course a year after as it is not guaranteed?
Original post by Anonymous
That was very helpful, thank you very much. I just have one question. So i just need to do well at the end to secure a place for the official start of the course a year after as it is not guaranteed?

Hi there,

That is correct. After you successfully complete the foundation year you will progress on to Year 1 of your full degree course. Good luck with your application!

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 4
Original post by James-Uni of Westminster
Hi there,

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team

hi james i am a foundation year student at wetminster currently and wanted to ask wether i could speak to someone that has done a foundation year before previously

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending