The Student Room Group

Is this normal...

Is it normal for your parents to constantly throw your stuff across the room so it hits the wall opposite with a lot of force and to throw your stuff in the bin because you were like 5 mins late?? for when they wanted it to be moved?
And to say constantly "only do you're own stuff then don't worry about my stuff. I just won't cook for you or anything then do it yourself" when you literally put a shirt in the airing cupboard that was yours??
No, it doesn't sound normal from your perspective, but I'd need more objective context.
Reply 2
Original post by pastelfalls
No, it doesn't sound normal from your perspective, but I'd need more objective context.

thank you! for so long ive been telling my teachers i get hair straightners thrown at me threats to be hit, getting told to move out and my parents threatening to make my life hell but all i get told is its normal
Nope, it's not normal but it's common.
You have weird short-tempered parents.
Original post by Anonymous
thank you! for so long ive been telling my teachers i get hair straightners thrown at me threats to be hit, getting told to move out and my parents threatening to make my life hell but all i get told is its normal

If that's really happening I'm sorry and I hope you're alright :frown: Feel free to keep the conversation going if you need somebody to talk to
Reply 5
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Nope, it's not normal but it's common.
You have weird short-tempered parents.

I have emotionally abusive parents

If that's really happening I'm sorry and I hope you're alright :frown: Feel free to keep the conversation going if you need somebody to talk to

It is and it happended literally 10 mins ago but no one would believe me until about a week ago when I had a go at my teacher saying it wasn't normal its abuse
Reply 6

thank you but until I move out I won't be alright unfortunately I've got 4 more years and if I contact social it will become worse and I wouldn't be able to live if it got worse
No, it is not normal.
Reasonable people usually behave like this very rarely- during fights or when they have had a very bad day and are looking for an outlet to take out their frustrations/rage on the nearest possible person.
Your parents sound habitually unreasonable, bad luck I know how it feels.
Reply 8
apparently my mum has decided to get rid of my laptop and my ipad to buy herself an ipad that I can "borrow" only if I ask and do all the housework to do homework. like wtf how is that fair?

When she told me she would make my life hell she meant it I think
No, it's not normal. Your parents suck, big time.
No, it's not normal. Your parents suck, big time.

yes i hate them soo much cause they're abusive
yes i hate them soo much cause they're abusive

contact social services then - if they think you are at risk, you will be put into a foster family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending