The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Anyone here going to Bcu or Coventry for Ba business management?

This relates to September 2021 just wanted to know my potential peers. Hope everyone is OK stressful wait for results day
(edited 2 years ago)
avoid BCU, the place is disgusting. Check on glassdoor the negative reviews. The positive reviews on there look fake too and it appears they are adding them to cover up the negative ones. Do not be mislead by their marketing, it is not all garden and roses. I am currently writing up a negative review about my time there but need to add more details to it as it is just a bit short but will be adding a thread on here.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Ketchup007
This relates to September 2021 just wanted to know my potential peers. Hope everyone is OK stressful wait for results day

Hi there!
I am a recent graduate who studied Business Management and Leadership at Coventry University (Scarborough Campus). Studying Business gives you an insight of a range of different modules that will help you gain knowledge of what interests you the most. Here at CU Scarborough, modules are taken one at a time. The modules at Scarborough are broken down into 4 blocks with different start dates (September, November or January) this means you’re able to start university at the time that suits you best. The modules are taken one at a time so you’re able to concentrate on one topic per module with 2 coursework assignments each module - one weighing 40% and one 60%. Some assignments may contain individual or group presentations depending on the module. Having modules focused one at a time is beneficial as it allows students to work through each topic throughly. Some modules include: Business Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship. Click the following link to see more of the modules offered: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/cus/course-structure/hnc-hnd-degree/2021-22/management/

Hope this helps

Aimee (Student Ambassador)
Reply 3
Original post by shamirali786
avoid BCU, the place is disgusting. Check on glassdoor the negative reviews. The positive reviews on there look fake too and it appears they are adding them to cover up the negative ones. Do not be mislead by their marketing, it is not all garden and roses. I am currently writing up a negative review about my time there but need to add more details to it as it is just a bit short but will be adding a thread on here.

Hi sorry to hear you had a bad experience can you tell me what you studied, teachers, students but ye anything where you going next sorry to hear you had a awful experience
Reply 4
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi there!
I am a recent graduate who studied Business Management and Leadership at Coventry University (Scarborough Campus). Studying Business gives you an insight of a range of different modules that will help you gain knowledge of what interests you the most. Here at CU Scarborough, modules are taken one at a time. The modules at Scarborough are broken down into 4 blocks with different start dates (September, November or January) this means you’re able to start university at the time that suits you best. The modules are taken one at a time so you’re able to concentrate on one topic per module with 2 coursework assignments each module - one weighing 40% and one 60%. Some assignments may contain individual or group presentations depending on the module. Having modules focused one at a time is beneficial as it allows students to work through each topic throughly. Some modules include: Business Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship. Click the following link to see more of the modules offered: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/cus/course-structure/hnc-hnd-degree/2021-22/management/

Hope this helps

Aimee (Student Ambassador)

Hi, thanks for responding I will be potentially going to the Coventry campus. What exams do you have first year? And anything to prepare me feel pretty nervous heading to uni first time ever as I feel not very prepared hope to hear back from you in a timely manner. But ye just awaiting my results
Original post by Ketchup007
Hi sorry to hear you had a bad experience can you tell me what you studied, teachers, students but ye anything where you going next sorry to hear you had a awful experience

I used to work there as an IT Tech but met loads of people. The teachers are awful and students used to complain to me how bad the teaching is and how they do not bother, really lazy teachers who are also on sick leave most of the time. I would avoid this place by any means necessary. The place was also depressing.
Reply 6
Original post by shamirali786
I used to work there as an IT Tech but met loads of people. The teachers are awful and students used to complain to me how bad the teaching is and how they do not bother, really lazy teachers who are also on sick leave most of the time. I would avoid this place by any means necessary. The place was also depressing.

Sorry to hear thanks for telling me your story
Hi there,

I was a media and communications student at Coventry University. I am now doing my MSc International marketing management.

I am really enjoying my student life in Coventry.
That's why I have chosen to stay here for my MSc degree. Being an International marketing management student is not easy. Everything is so intensive to fast. I have to be always prepared by reading extra material and watching a lot of related video. But I love it so much that being a busy student.

All the best to you

Let me know if you have any questions 😊

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
International Marketing Management
Coventry University

Let me know if you have any questions 😊

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
International Marketing Management
Coventry University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending