The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry or UWE Bristol or Northumbria?

For Business/Finance undergrad.
Hello,

I understand choosing a university is a very difficult decision to make and one that requires a lot of thought. I would advise you research each university and see which one matches more closely with what you are looking to gain out of your university experience. This could be having a look at the course structure and modules offered, opportunities to get involved, links with industry, support available, and also the social aspect of university life. These are just some examples of factors you could consider to help you make a decision. There are multiple other factors that you could take into consideration. The one that you feel aligns best with your interests, I would advise to go for that one.

As an example of the information you could obtain from the university website, please see below link to Coventry University's Business Management course.
https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/ug/fbl/business-management-ba-hons/

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SouthShore
For Business/Finance undergrad.

Here is an honest reponse from an actual undergrad (rather than a biased student ambassador). I did ethical hacking and cybersecurity at coventry. Honestly the course was amazing! Everything about it was brilliant modern building, equipment, staff, etc. HOWEVER. The university itself is nowhere prestigeous and if you complete a degree from here it'll be very hard to get a job (at least it is for me) even though I finished with first class honours (83% overall grade).

I'm now having to apply to Imperial College because unless I went to a decent university with good ranking I will not be able to work for Black Rock, McKinsey, Deloitte, etc. Simply because coventry is NOT the place for this. So overall, the university is OKAY but not the best. if I were you, I'd look at UWE Bristol rather than Coventry. I'm sorry to say this.
Reply 3
Original post by Toparti
Here is an honest reponse from an actual undergrad (rather than a biased student ambassador). I did ethical hacking and cybersecurity at coventry. Honestly the course was amazing! Everything about it was brilliant modern building, equipment, staff, etc. HOWEVER. The university itself is nowhere prestigeous and if you complete a degree from here it'll be very hard to get a job (at least it is for me) even though I finished with first class honours (83% overall grade).

I'm now having to apply to Imperial College because unless I went to a decent university with good ranking I will not be able to work for Black Rock, McKinsey, Deloitte, etc. Simply because coventry is NOT the place for this. So overall, the university is OKAY but not the best. if I were you, I'd look at UWE Bristol rather than Coventry. I'm sorry to say this.

Agreed.

Please avoid Coventry, it truly is awful if you're looking for good future career prospects. UWE Bristol would be the best choice out of the three you've mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest