The Student Room Group

Switching MSc Funding

I am due to start an MSc in Media September this year and have received SF for it. But I really really want to do an MSc in Nursing I didn't have the necessary requirements originally but may have by January 24 when MSc Starts. Question is its a 2 year course and will I be able to switch my funding over and apply for second year funding if I go on MSc Nursing?

Also is an MSc in Nursing exempt from the 1 MSc funding rule same as a BSc in Nursing where you can get funding for a second degree (my original degree is in Psychology BSc)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Original post by Geri B
I am due to start an MSc in Media September this year and have received SF for it. But I really really want to do an MSc in Nursing I didn't have the necessary requirements originally but may have by January 24 when MSc Starts. Question is its a 2 year course and will I be able to switch my funding over and apply for second year funding if I go on MSc Nursing?

Also is an MSc in Nursing exempt from the 1 MSc funding rule same as a BSc in Nursing where you can get funding for a second degree (my original degree is in Psychology BSc)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there, Are you staring Year 1 in September 2023? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Are you staring Year 1 in September 2023? Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela I'm starting a 1 year MSc in strategic communications next week. But the MSc in Nursing starts in January. I'm wondering if I can a switch sfe masters funding if get on Nursing MSc or is the MSc in Nursing exempt from 2 sfe loans like the Nursing undergraduate degrees. Thank you in advance. I don't have enough volunteer hours to apply at moment which is why I'm asking about second master funding.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi there, Nursing is an exception course as long as you're not registered already in the field. We don't look at your previous study for this as those courses attract undergraduate funding.

Just to confirm though if you're looking to switch during an academic year this likely will impact your funding for the year. Are you looking to withdraw after one term of the course starting next week? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, Nursing is an exception course as long as you're not registered already in the field. We don't look at your previous study for this as those courses attract undergraduate funding.

Just to confirm though if you're looking to switch during an academic year this likely will impact your funding for the year. Are you looking to withdraw after one term of the course starting next week? Thanks, Jason

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your answer.

No I'm not looking to switch next this year as I haven’t got GCSE Maths and or volunteering hours required for the masters or undergraduate yet. It will be for September 2024.
Original post by Geri B
Dear Jason,

Thank you for your answer.

No I'm not looking to switch next this year as I haven’t got GCSE Maths and or volunteering hours required for the masters or undergraduate yet. It will be for September 2024.

Thanks Geri,

Those applications will go live in the spring of 24 for you to apply on. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Thanks Geri,

Those applications will go live in the spring of 24 for you to apply on. Thanks, Jason

Thanks Jason, but as I already will have an MSc and received SFE for it am I eligible for SFE funding in a Nursing MSc also? As I am better doing the MSc in Nursing than the undergraduate degree (Bn)
Original post by Geri B
Thanks Jason, but as I already will have an MSc and received SFE for it am I eligible for SFE funding in a Nursing MSc also? As I am better doing the MSc in Nursing than the undergraduate degree (Bn)

Hi Geri,

Yes, for either Nursing degrees (MSC included) these are exempt from previous study rules as long as you're not already registered in the field you're looking to study. Thanks, Jason
Reply 8
Hi Geri,

Yes, for either Nursing degrees (MSC included) these are exempt from previous study rules as long as you're not already registered in the field you're looking to study. Thanks, Jason

Oh wow amazing I thought msc was not exempt is this documented anywhere please as I will finish the msc I'm on as it will give me time to up my volunteer hours at hospital through year and get maths gcse I need for msc. Best news I've heard all year thank you Jason
Original post by Geri B
Oh wow amazing I thought msc was not exempt is this documented anywhere please as I will finish the msc I'm on as it will give me time to up my volunteer hours at hospital through year and get maths gcse I need for msc. Best news I've heard all year thank you Jason

Hi there, You are more than welcome. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending