The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

What is University of East London like?

Hi,I recieved BBD in my a level subjects and I got accepted to UEL. What is UEL like?

I am planning to retake the subject that i got a D in since i want to go to a better uni.

I heard that alot of foreign people go there is that true? i am going there to study biomedical sciences.
Did you research the University?
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Did you research the University?

yes, I've seen some pretty mixed reviews but I wanna hear other people's opinion.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,I recieved BBD in my a level subjects and I got accepted to UEL. What is UEL like?

I am planning to retake the subject that i got a D in since i want to go to a better uni.

I heard that alot of foreign people go there is that true? i am going there to study biomedical sciences.

Hello there :smile:
I am currently studying at the University of East London and I'm in the 3rd year of BA Fine Art. My overall experience from the University of East London is very positive and I've been very supported so far, not just from the services that are being offered to us, but also from the academics and from staff who work in places such as the library. There's a wide range of support services offered to students, they are just a lot to list them here, so it might be helpful to look at this link: https://www.uel.ac.uk/undergraduate/student-support
The facilities at UEL are in a very good level and all the three campuses are very well connected both with public transport and with UEL's free shuttle bus which runs between the campuses. The Stratford and University Square Stratford (USS) campuses are right at the heart of East London, in Stratford City and just minutes away from points of interest such as shopping centres, cinemas, groceries and major stations. The Docklands campus has a lovely view to River Thames and it's just minutes from London City Airport.
The libraries are updated and offer a wide range of books (most of my experience is from the Docklands library because I'm based there) and the staff is always willing to help and highly trained. The good news is that they're open 24/7 during term-time and you can go there and study at night or return a book you forgot.
When it comes to the foreign students that you mentioned, it really depends on the course... There are courses which have more international students and others which have more home students. I don't have the percentages of international-home students right now, I'm afraid.
I hope that this helped you a bit and gave you a clearer image of the University of East London. If you have any other questions feel free to send them here or to message me here on TSR.
Best,
Apostolos - UEL Official Rep
Original post by Apostolos Ntertsas- UEL Rep
Hello there :smile:
I am currently studying at the University of East London and I'm in the 3rd year of BA Fine Art. My overall experience from the University of East London is very positive and I've been very supported so far, not just from the services that are being offered to us, but also from the academics and from staff who work in places such as the library. There's a wide range of support services offered to students, they are just a lot to list them here, so it might be helpful to look at this link: https://www.uel.ac.uk/undergraduate/student-support
The facilities at UEL are in a very good level and all the three campuses are very well connected both with public transport and with UEL's free shuttle bus which runs between the campuses. The Stratford and University Square Stratford (USS) campuses are right at the heart of East London, in Stratford City and just minutes away from points of interest such as shopping centres, cinemas, groceries and major stations. The Docklands campus has a lovely view to River Thames and it's just minutes from London City Airport.
The libraries are updated and offer a wide range of books (most of my experience is from the Docklands library because I'm based there) and the staff is always willing to help and highly trained. The good news is that they're open 24/7 during term-time and you can go there and study at night or return a book you forgot.
When it comes to the foreign students that you mentioned, it really depends on the course... There are courses which have more international students and others which have more home students. I don't have the percentages of international-home students right now, I'm afraid.
I hope that this helped you a bit and gave you a clearer image of the University of East London. If you have any other questions feel free to send them here or to message me here on TSR.
Best,
Apostolos - UEL Official Rep

Hi,
I'm thinking of studying Fine Art at UEL, thanks so much for your post, it's very helpful.
Can I ask what the age range of your course was.? Is it quite mixed on the art course or are the majortiy of students 18 to early 20's.
Thank you.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi,

The University of East London offers BSc Biomedical Science and applications can be made using the following link : BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

UEL has an Open Event coming up. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the course and you can also speak to current students and Academics. You can book the event using the following link: Undergraduate Open Days | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

Feel free to contact Applicant Engagement via telephone on 0208 223 3333, should you have any further queries.

-Anisha
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi, I hope you are doing well.

UEL offers many courses which you may be interested in studying.

Here is a link showing all the courses taught at UEL: Undergraduate prospectus request | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

UEL holds Open Events for prospective students. This would be a great opportunity for you to speak to current students, Academics and also have a campus tour. It can be booked online using the following link:
Undergraduate Open Days | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

You can also speak to Student Ambassadors studying your course. They can be reached using the following website: Chat to our students | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

For further information, please feel free to contact Applicant Engagement via telephone on 0208 223 3333.

-Anisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending