The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Official London South Bank University 2022 Applicants Thread

Hey everyone!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to LSBU for 2022 entry.

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
- What course are you applying for?
- What subjects are you studying now?
- Why LSBU?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here.

Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello all! Welcome to LSBU Applicant thread - 2022 entry :smile:

If you require any information on courses, entry requirements or upcoming events, please feel free to contact the Course Enquiry team on 0207 815 6100;or email [email protected]

Good luck!
LSBU Team
London
Original post by LSBU- Admissions
Hello all! Welcome to LSBU Applicant thread - 2022 entry :smile:

If you require any information on courses, entry requirements or upcoming events, please feel free to contact the Course Enquiry team on 0207 815 6100;or email [email protected]

Good luck!
LSBU Team

Hi,

I am looking to apply for Dental Hygiene/Therapy. Any advice on how to prepare myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by -Natasha-
Hi,

I am looking to apply for Dental Hygiene/Therapy. Any advice on how to prepare myself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for your interest in studying at LSBU. Please see the link below for more information about both of the courses:

www.lsbu.ac.uk/study/course-finder/dental-therapy
www.lsbu.ac.uk/study/course-finder/dental-hygiene

If you have any further questions, please do let us know :smile:

Regards,

LSBU
Reply 4
Original post by -Natasha-
Hi,

Thanks

Hey,

I'm currently studying dental hygiene with LSBU/UCLH and would be happy to give you some advice if you need any? :smile:
Reply 5
Yes please! I've applied already for 2022 entry. What qualifications did you apply with?Did you have to wait long before you heard back from the uni?How many people did they accept onto the course?Is there any specific they look for apart from the obvious?Did they do MMIs or was it just the one?Sorry for all the questions, really appreciate your help though!
Reply 6
Original post by cdiazs
Yes please! I've applied already for 2022 entry. What qualifications did you apply with?Did you have to wait long before you heard back from the uni?How many people did they accept onto the course?Is there any specific they look for apart from the obvious?Did they do MMIs or was it just the one?Sorry for all the questions, really appreciate your help though!

Hi,
I applied with 5 GCSE's A - C, Access to HE in Science Distinction and a National Diploma in Dental Nursing (with 9 years experience).

I applied in June and received an offer within week, there are currently 19 of us in the Sept 21 cohort.

For the first part of the interview there was a panel and the second you are asked questions regarding a specific text that they send you if you have been offered an interview.

The best way to prepare is to read the scope of practice and NHS constitution (you can find them online).

Good Luck!
Reply 7
Anyone else received Interview offers with no GCSEs?
Has anyone received a interview for dental therapy? As we have to discuss a article but I can’t find the link for it on the information provided (there are three links but these are the nhs constitution, the home page for the gdc and job description of a hygienist).
I’m not sure if I’m being silly but any help would be great.
X
Reply 9
Original post by XxGraciexX
Has anyone received a interview for dental therapy? As we have to discuss a article but I can’t find the link for it on the information provided (there are three links but these are the nhs constitution, the home page for the gdc and job description of a hygienist).
I’m not sure if I’m being silly but any help would be great.

Same here! Did you apply with GCSEs?
Original post by schakir

Yes I did
Did you find the article link?
If not I’ll have to ring them or email x
Reply 11
Yes I did
Did you find the article link?
If not I’ll have to ring them or email x

thought they will send it closer to time?! Not sure... also I have no GCSEs but they still called me for an interview? Could it be a mistake?
Original post by schakir
thought they will send it closer to time?! Not sure... also I have no GCSEs but they still called me for an interview? Could it be a mistake

I doubt it.
They obviously liked your personal statement and other qualifications.
Also experience is just as important as grades. Don’t doubt yourself :smile: xx
Reply 13
I doubt it.
They obviously liked your personal statement and other qualifications.
Also experience is just as important as grades. Don’t doubt yourself :smile: xx

Im doubting myself because i had a rejection from Essex without even an interview :’(
Well just focus on this one now and don’t let it get you down. You’ll do great in this one I’m sure. Also all unis are different. I’m going to ask about the article tomorrow and let you know x
Reply 15
Well just focus on this one now and don’t let it get you down. You’ll do great in this one I’m sure. Also all unis are different. I’m going to ask about the article tomorrow and let you know x

True! Please do let me know! X
Hi,what's the specific text they send you? because i have't receieved anything but to read the NHS constitution
Original post by schakir

Same here
Original post by Sundus03
Hi,what's the specific text they send you? because i have't receieved anything but to read the NHS constitution

Unless I’ve got confused but i read it as it implied another article and it says to read and print this, and then says to see link (but I can’t find another article other than the nhs constitution, jobs spec and GDC homepage)
Unless the article is the nhs constitution?
it’s on the page where you click to book your time
slot xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Unless I’ve got confused but i read it as it implied another article and it says to read and print this, and then says to see link (but I can’t find another article other than the nhs constitution, jobs spec and GDC homepage)
Unless the article is the nhs constitution?
it’s on the page where you click to book your time
slot xx

OHHH ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending