The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Official London South Bank University 2022 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxGraciexX
Thank you. It’s my second year applying for hygiene. Anyone else had any offers? I had my interview 10th December :smile:

Hi
I’ve been rejected for the second time and want tips x
London
I did an access course which is 14 hours a week and got another dental job on weekends in a different dental setting. (I already working 40 hours mond-Friday general practice) I hope that helps :smile: xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by XxGraciexX
I did an access course which is 14 hours a week and got another dental job on weekends in a different dental setting. (I already working 40 hours mond-Friday general practice) I hope that helps :smile: xx

Hi,
how did you get those jobs, once i've finnsihed my A-levels i need a job in the dental field, but wouldn't i need to be doing a dental nursing programme.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
how did you get those jobs, once i've finnsihed my A-levels i need a job in the dental field, but wouldn't i need to be doing a dental nursing programme.

Yes unfortunately to work as a dental nurse you either need to be qualified, enrolled on a course or studying towards becoming a dental nurse. Xx
Hi does anybody have any tips for the DHT interview at LSBU?
Reply 65
Original post by Dentaldreams
Hi does anybody have any tips for the DHT interview at LSBU?

Had mine today, revise the gdc principles and the nhs constitution, read a couple times the article given. Relax, smile and ask them questions.. hope this helps.. good luck!
Original post by bocx42
Had mine today, revise the gdc principles and the nhs constitution, read a couple times the article given. Relax, smile and ask them questions.. hope this helps.. good luck!

Thank you, that’s very lovely of you to advise!
Best wishes regarding the outcome of your interview:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Thank you, that’s very lovely of you to advise!
Best wishes regarding the outcome of your interview:smile:

Deffo do work based scenarios like team work etc
The qualities of a therapist
The scope of practice
Gdc and nhs values
And highlight the important stuff in the article
I had mine back in January but been rejected but wish you all the best let me know if you need anymore advise x
Original post by Maz78666666
The scope of practice
Gdc and nhs values
I had mine back in January but been rejected but wish you all the best let me know if you need anymore advise x

Thank you so much, that’s so kind of you!
I’m sorry to hear you got rejected, but hopefully you’ll hear good news elsewhere 🤞
I honestly just struggle with scenario based questions🙈 x
Thank you so much, that’s so kind of you!
I’m sorry to hear you got rejected, but hopefully you’ll hear good news elsewhere 🤞
I honestly just struggle with scenario based questions🙈 x

Deffo focus on the scenarios, I used the STAR method. Situation, task, action and result. It’s very useful. Please message me if you need anything else x
Deffo focus on the scenarios, I used the STAR method. Situation, task, action and result. It’s very useful. Please message me if you need anything else x

Thank you! I do try the star method but I have this awful problem of going off on a tangent🙈
Thanks so much for being so helpful x
The scope of practice
Gdc and nhs values

hi there. how comes u got rejected?? and have u gotten any other offers from other unis? and also what are ur predicted grades?
Original post by durranim
hi there. how comes u got rejected?? and have u gotten any other offers from other unis? and also what are ur predicted grades?

No idea tbf, I thought I did quite well in my interview. As normal I was nervous and could of answered better. but it was my first ever interview. I used alot or key words etc. I’m 24 so a mature student, I’m a qualified dental nurse, doing a access course with all distinctions, I have all my gcses except from maths and English language which I’m retaking this summer and i have a lot of work experience in different health care sectors😩

I’ve been rejected from Essex and Lancashire before interview.

waiting on kings and Bristol, Wbu?
No idea tbf, I thought I did quite well in my interview. As normal I was nervous and could of answered better. but it was my first ever interview. I used alot or key words etc. I’m 24 so a mature student, I’m a qualified dental nurse, doing a access course with all distinctions, I have all my gcses except from maths and English language which I’m retaking this summer and i have a lot of work experience in different health care sectors😩

I’ve been rejected from Essex and Lancashire before interview.

waiting on kings and Bristol, Wbu?

oh bless. i’m sure you’re doing well tho and will hopefully get into the other unis. i’ve been rejected from most of my unis cuz i applied to ones with higher grades but i didn’t know my predicted grades cuz they don’t tell me them in my school. 🥲 i did my lsbu interview and it was my first ever one and was so nervous and anxious. idk if they’ll let me in 😭😭
Original post by NBrailey
Hey,

I'm currently studying dental hygiene with LSBU/UCLH and would be happy to give you some advice if you need any? :smile:

is LSBU a nice university with a nice envinronment?
Anyone have an interview for adult nursing 2022 at LSBU ? Or starting the course sept 22? Need some tips for an upcoming interview

Background: Got an unconditional offer to start extended Childrens nursing but they’ve discontinued the course. They’re letting me interview for adult nursing instead.
Reply 76
Anyone have an interview for adult nursing 2022 at LSBU ? Or starting the course sept 22? Need some tips for an upcoming interview

Background: Got an unconditional offer to start extended Childrens nursing but they’ve discontinued the course. They’re letting me interview for adult nursing instead.

wait they stopped the course as a whole because they accepted me a couple months ago. Where did you hear that they discontiued the course
why’s lsbu kinda harsh with the DH and DT course??
Original post by Idk532
wait they stopped the course as a whole because they accepted me a couple months ago. Where did you hear that they discontiued the course

Hiya, got an email back in January saying “Unfortunately this course has been suspended and will not be running in 2022.” for extended Childrens nursing
And told to apply for something else =\
Reply 79
Hiya, got an email back in January saying “Unfortunately this course has been suspended and will not be running in 2022.” for extended Childrens nursing
And told to apply for something else =\

oh okay nevermind your talking about masters degree, i got confused mines bachelor degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending