The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

MA Social Work

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by selina2000
Home is around 10 miles from uni so not too bad! Takes me a while to get to uni so I’m on the same page as you with the learning from home🥺

Ahh hopefully they should notify them soon so you can get your bursary on time!

Hey! I noticed your name on the session today :smile:

It’s a bit frustrating we don’t have timetables yet haha
(edited 2 years ago)
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Hey is anyone receiving the bursary and planning to work or is this not allowed? I feel like it won’t be attainable for me just rely on the bursary and thinking to keep my full time role…
Original post by selina2000
Anyone else studying MA Social Work at Middlesex for 2021?

hi selina... did u get into the university?? i have applied via ucas two days ago and waiting. as my qualifications(not a bsw student and only volunteering expirence of 2 years) and year gap(6years but have experince certificate) i have doubt whether i will get selected or not. is the criteria tough to get into msw in mdx. hope u answer me
Original post by sun96
Hey! I noticed your name on the session today :smile:

It’s a bit frustrating we don’t have timetables yet haha

hi...i would like to know msw details from mdx. i have applied for sep intake via ucas two days ago. whats the acceptance rate?any idea? i dont A bsw degree but im a doctor(traditional indian medicine) and have 2 years volunteering exp in a social work organisation and also have 6 yeargap from graduation(but have all 6 years exp certicte). it will be great if u could help me. thank u
Reply 24
Original post by KrishnaDr
hi selina... did u get into the university?? i have applied via ucas two days ago and waiting. as my qualifications(not a bsw student and only volunteering expirence of 2 years) and year gap(6years but have experince certificate) i have doubt whether i will get selected or not. is the criteria tough to get into msw in mdx. hope u answer me

Remain positive! I was selected and I’m currently on the course. You will have to keep waiting for correspondence I’m afraid, 2 days isn’t that long (I appreciate the anxiety as I had the same once I sent mine off) but yeah just keep waiting and if you are that concerned call them to just double check they have received your application.
Original post by sun96
Remain positive! I was selected and I’m currently on the course. You will have to keep waiting for correspondence I’m afraid, 2 days isn’t that long (I appreciate the anxiety as I had the same once I sent mine off) but yeah just keep waiting and if you are that concerned call them to just double check they have received your application.

oh thank u so much...it definitely ease my mind. do you remember after how many days you got the offer? and do you think im eligible to get selected(as you know ur friends qualifications thats why)??
Reply 26
oh thank u so much...it definitely ease my mind. do you remember after how many days you got the offer? and do you think im eligible to get selected(as you know ur friends qualifications thats why)??

Unfortunately, I can’t speak on if you will be selected or how many days as the application process for me was over a year ago now and with that said I had not yet finished my undergrad degree when I applied, I was in my final year so my application was based on predicted qualification. I know people have varied undergrad degrees, it’s more about how you present yourself within your application process in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework and that you understand the ethics of Social work practice, also showing that you have made some effort towards gaining some understanding to what the role of a social worker is and can state why you want to join the field.
Original post by sun96
Unfortunately, I can’t speak on if you will be selected or how many days as the application process for me was over a year ago now and with that said I had not yet finished my undergrad degree when I applied, I was in my final year so my application was based on predicted qualification. I know people have varied undergrad degrees, it’s more about how you present yourself within your application process in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework and that you understand the ethics of Social work practice, also showing that you have made some effort towards gaining some understanding to what the role of a social worker is and can state why you want to join the field.

yes understood thanks...may i know the no of students in ur class for msw? and what about the written test and interview? how was it?? of course u can guide me on that if i make it through:smile:
and may i know what was ur undergraduate degree? and is there international students for msw there? im sorry im asking a lot of questions as this is my first time in tsr as well as applying for an international course(btw im indian)
Reply 29
My undergrad was within the Healthcare field but that’s not really relevant as I said there’s students from different disciplines, I know of people who have done Art degrees on this course however they have experience within the health and social care sector (as a requirement of the course). There are plenty of international students, Middlesex university has diverse students (within the Sw course too).There were approx 60 students on the course, but once again that shouldn’t really be an indication of anything as they may increase or decrease students within future cohorts. I advise you to search up the old thread for Social Work Ms applications for the 2021 as you will find all the answers there! I hope this has been helpful and good luck 😉
Original post by sun96
My undergrad was within the Healthcare field but that’s not really relevant as I said there’s students from different disciplines, I know of people who have done Art degrees on this course however they have experience within the health and social care sector (as a requirement of the course). There are plenty of international students, Middlesex university has diverse students (within the Sw course too).There were approx 60 students on the course, but once again that shouldn’t really be an indication of anything as they may increase or decrease students within future cohorts. I advise you to search up the old thread for Social Work Ms applications for the 2021 as you will find all the answers there! I hope this has been helpful and good luck 😉

indeed very helpful!!! thank you so much..will update my ucas result..thank u and take care
Reply 31
indeed very helpful!!! thank you so much..will update my ucas result..thank u and take care

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6752600&p=95914476&page=14#post95914476

That’s the link for the thread I was referring to. At the time I applied, I was watching this thread plus participating in discussions here you will find answers to the questions you have asked me from when I and others replied to each other, plus other things you might find useful.
(edited 2 years ago)
hi...i would like to know msw details from mdx. i have applied for sep intake via ucas two days ago. whats the acceptance rate?any idea? i dont A bsw degree but im a doctor(traditional indian medicine) and have 2 years volunteering exp in a social work organisation and also have 6 yeargap from graduation(but have all 6 years exp certicte). it will be great if u could help me. thank u

Hello, KrishnaDr
Thank you for your question. My name is Rebecca I am a student ambassador for Middlesex University. With regards to entry requirements as you have stated you are an International Student, you will need to provide translated copies of your qualifications as well as the original version of your qualifications. You will also need to have an English test the most common is IELTS with a 6.5 overall score with a minimum 6.0 in all components.
You can find more information about this here.
https://www.mdx.ac.uk/study-with-us/international/entry-requirements-for-international-students/english-language-requirements-for-international-students
With your current qualifications and work experience, it's really important that you include all of your relevant work experience as it's important to display your recent knowledge and learning that will enable you to successfully study on the course. As relevant work experience is accepted as well as qualifications.
Good luck with your application
If you have any more questions feel free to message me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending