The Student Room Group

Second masters

Hi, I already hold an MA in Social Work, which was funded by a bursary. I would really like to train as a psychotherapist, but all of the courses are at a masters level. Does anyone know if I would be entitled to the postgrad master’s loan?
Reply 2

I’ve already seen this. I was asking as I have never received any funding for my masters in social work, as it was entirely funded by a bursary.
Original post by Blake1984
I’ve already seen this. I was asking as I have never received any funding for my masters in social work, as it was entirely funded by a bursary.

That doesn't matter to SFE - the question isn't whether you were funded, it's whether the qualification you are seeking for is an equivalent or lower level qualification than one you already have. They normally won't fund a second qualification you already hold one of unless it's specifically an exception course. Not sure what, if any, exception courses there are at masters level (you would need to contact SFE to check that).
Reply 4
That matters not - you have a degree of an equivalent level, viz. a master's
Hi, I already hold an MA in Social Work, which was funded by a bursary. I would really like to train as a psychotherapist, but all of the courses are at a masters level. Does anyone know if I would be entitled to the postgrad master’s loan?
Hi,
Ordinarily SFE won't offer a loan to someone who is seeking a degree at a level they already currently hold.
You can see the information laid out here https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility.
If you're unsure, it's always worth contacting SFE themselves to make sure you know before you commit yourself, you can call them on this number 0300 100 0607.
Hope this helps,
Kind Regards,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending