The Student Room Group

Civil service judgement test

Has anyone completed this and scored above middle?

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I'm still on the practice one and still getting below middle so it's putting me off completing the actual one. I have to complete it before the 20th.
Original post by Studentlaura
Has anyone completed this and scored above middle?

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I'm still on the practice one and still getting below middle so it's putting me off completing the actual one. I have to complete it before the 20th.

Read the scenario and rate each action. Click 'View rating scale' for a reminder of the rating scale.

You have returned from annual leave. You are reviewing a report put together by your colleague Mo. The report is for senior managers and is too detailed for this audience. In addition, it is likely to have taken Mo more time than it should. The report has a lot of graphs and tables that are not needed. You have already given Mo feedback about tailoring his style for a senior audience. It seems that he has not taken this into account.

Rate the effectiveness of the following actions that you could take.

View rating scale

Consult Mo about what he took from the feedback you gave him, to identify what is and is not working in terms of helping him improve.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective

Reassign work of this nature to another member of your team, who is more used to writing for a senior audience.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective

Ask Mo how he thinks he could improve the way he writes reports in order to avoid repeating this issue in the future.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective

Rework the report for Mo as he has worked hard on it and negative feedback might demotivate him.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective
Reply 2
hey have finished the questionnaire
Reply 3
Original post by Studentlaura
Read the scenario and rate each action. Click 'View rating scale' for a reminder of the rating scale.

You have returned from annual leave. You are reviewing a report put together by your colleague Mo. The report is for senior managers and is too detailed for this audience. In addition, it is likely to have taken Mo more time than it should. The report has a lot of graphs and tables that are not needed. You have already given Mo feedback about tailoring his style for a senior audience. It seems that he has not taken this into account.

Rate the effectiveness of the following actions that you could take.

View rating scale

Consult Mo about what he took from the feedback you gave him, to identify what is and is not working in terms of helping him improve.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective

Reassign work of this nature to another member of your team, who is more used to writing for a senior audience.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective

Ask Mo how he thinks he could improve the way he writes reports in order to avoid repeating this issue in the future.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective

Rework the report for Mo as he has worked hard on it and negative feedback might demotivate him.
Counterproductive
Ineffective
Fairly Effective
Effective

Whate are the answers to these above questions

Quick Reply

Latest