The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2024

In anticipation of Fast Stream 2024 opening up for applications and realising how useful the 2023 thread was, I have decided to create this thread for all Fast Stream 2024 applicants
Reply 1
Has anyone applied yet?
Original post by Angtadz86
Has anyone applied yet?

I have! I have done pretty average on the tests so idk if I will get into the next stage... does anyone know when the next stage will be unlocked?
Reply 3
Original post by graciemsfts
I have! I have done pretty average on the tests so idk if I will get into the next stage... does anyone know when the next stage will be unlocked?

It’s unlocked for some people. I got pretty much the average on SJT and the Work style and higher than average on the Numerical and have not unlocked the WBS. So l assume it’s a wrap for me
Reply 4
Has anyone applied yet?

I did and completed the online tests, feedback very good on maths, OKish with judgement test and workstyle. Now I guess it is all about how good most people score.
(edited 6 months ago)
It’s unlocked for some people. I got pretty much the average on SJT and the Work style and higher than average on the Numerical and have not unlocked the WBS. So l assume it’s a wrap for me

is a lot of alignment good for the work style? it says better than the majority of people?
Reply 6
Original post by confusedninja
is a lot of alignment good for the work style? it says better than the majority of people?

Has the WBS unlocked for you?

i got average on SJT and higher than majority on the other two, fingers crossed for me but WBS hasnt unlocked :/
Original post by confusedninja
i got average on SJT and higher than majority on the other two, fingers crossed for me but WBS hasnt unlocked :/

I spoke to recruitment due to the amount of people applying sometimes it delays in releasing the results.
Reply 9
Is anyone still waiting for their work based scenarios section to open? I got 'mostly aligned' for my work style, 'above average' for situational, and 'better than majority' for numerical and I'm worried my work style result has ended it all for me already :frown:
Has anyone done the work-based scenarios yet and can offer tips?
Reply 11
Original post by elizab0390
Has anyone done the work-based scenarios yet and can offer tips?

Just make sure you read the background info really well, and also understand what your role(s) is within the scenario.
It's not too dissimilar to what you've already done in the first stage, just more in depth.
Reply 12
Has anyone had/answered their additional questions yet? I know not all the schemes have them, but how did those of you on the ones that do have additional questions find them? I'm finding the word limit quite tough 🤔
Reply 13
FSAC event run by the University of Reading Outreach team
FSAC event post
Want to brush up on your behaviours?
We'll be running a virtual workshop to aid in your preparations for the Fast Stream Assessment Center, devised and run by current Fast Streamers.
All are welcome - even if you're thinking of applying next year or for another Civil Service job entirely!
When: Tuesday 12th December, 12pm
Where: Microsoft TeamsContact [email protected] to receive an invite.
(edited 4 months ago)
Has anyone done the assessment centre or know much about how we can best prepare for it? I'm going for the science and engineering stream but I'm assuming the assessment centre is the same for everyone??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending