The Student Room Group

** 2023 National Asylum Intake Unit (NAIU) IMMIGRATION OFFICER (IO) role **

I have applied for NAIU intake IO role and interviewed mid April- was told I would hear back by end of May latest- anyone heard anything back for NAIU intake as yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Fizzy1989
I have applied for NAIU intake IO role and interviewed mid April- was told I would hear back by end of May latest- anyone heard anything back for NAIU intake as yet?

what location.
Reply 2
Original post by ZHZ2023
what location.

Solihull. Have you applied for the same role?
Reply 3

I have provision offer for Leeds but my interview was in march.
Reply 4
Original post by ZHZ2023

My application status changed on the 18/05 to “Awaiting interview results” do you know how long it takes following this to hear back?

Also congratulations on your offer. I hope you enjoy it!
Reply 5
My application status changed on the 18/05 to “Awaiting interview results” do you know how long it takes following this to hear back?

Also congratulations on your offer. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, i was put on reserves on 4th April and just been offered provisional 2 days ago, however, i live in Manchester so not too sure if i will accept it due to the daily commute.
Reply 6
Original post by ZHZ2023
Thanks, i was put on reserves on 4th April and just been offered provisional 2 days ago, however, i live in Manchester so not too sure if i will accept it due to the daily commute.

I’ve seen on other posts that it’s better to accept, then ask for transfer with your line manager… but that’s a personal choice for you to decide… obviously unsure if this is something that would work but going off by other posts it seems people have done this previously
Reply 7
I’ve seen on other posts that it’s better to accept, then ask for transfer with your line manager… but that’s a personal choice for you to decide… obviously unsure if this is something that would work but going off by other posts it seems people have done this previously

Thanks, yes that could be an option but not 100% if that option exist to begin with :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hi I got a provisional offer on the 25. 26 filled out the pre employment checks and 28th verified my ID.

I’ve had a really bad run with civil service jobs recently so I’m hoping that the pre employment checks come through. The last four jobs I was successful in I was turned down because of my previous employment coming to an end because of unfair dismissal. I lodged tribunal proceedings but the pre employment checking team said my dismissal was too recent. So gutted when they removed all 4 jobs from me and now I’m on benefits trying to get back to work.
Reply 9
Original post by ZHZ2023

Hi
What was your feedback of you don’t mind sharing. I scored 31. Just waiting for the ID checks to clear. 🤲🏼
Reply 10

Me too 😊☺️
Reply 11
Original post by Cute9308
Me too 😊☺️

Have you heard back from them yet? I haven’t heard anything as yet :frown:
Reply 12
Hi I got a provisional offer on the 25. 26 filled out the pre employment checks and 28th verified my ID.

I’ve had a really bad run with civil service jobs recently so I’m hoping that the pre employment checks come through. The last four jobs I was successful in I was turned down because of my previous employment coming to an end because of unfair dismissal. I lodged tribunal proceedings but the pre employment checking team said my dismissal was too recent. So gutted when they removed all 4 jobs from me and now I’m on benefits trying to get back to work.

Hi, I’ve just seen this! Good luck to you, I hope it all goes through for you ❤️ and I’m glad they have finally taken you on board after your run of luck!

I still haven’t heard anything but I’m presuming I’m unsuccessful if you’ve heard back I was told I would hear back by end of May. When was your interview if you don’t mind me asking?

My CS account says “awaiting interview results” but I don’t have a good feeling
Reply 13
Hi. My chronology for this recruitment exercise was 5/4/23 - selected for interview
25/04/23 - interview conducted on teams
24/5/23 - provisional offer
26/5/23 - offer accepted
26/5/23 - pre employment documents uploaded
27/5/23 - request to complete ID check online
28/05/23 - ID check completed
28/05/23 - email confirming ID checks are being reviewed.

Not holding my breath as i was let down before. On the other hand got another provisional offer from another government department.

Hi, I’ve just seen this! Good luck to you, I hope it all goes through for you ❤️ and I’m glad they have finally taken you on board after your run of luck!

I still haven’t heard anything but I’m presuming I’m unsuccessful if you’ve heard back I was told I would hear back by end of May. When was your interview if you don’t mind me asking?

My CS account says “awaiting interview results” but I don’t have a good feeling
Reply 14
Hi. My chronology for this recruitment exercise was 5/4/23 - selected for interview
25/04/23 - interview conducted on teams
24/5/23 - provisional offer
26/5/23 - offer accepted
26/5/23 - pre employment documents uploaded
27/5/23 - request to complete ID check online
28/05/23 - ID check completed
28/05/23 - email confirming ID checks are being reviewed.

Not holding my breath as i was let down before. On the other hand got another provisional offer from another government department.

Thank you for replying! I guess I shouldn’t hold my hopes up either! I am in a comfortable job at the moment but in a completely different sector - pressure is high and I really need a new job but I hope it all works out for you ❤️
Reply 15

I’m sorry to hear about your predicament and I genuinely hope that everything works out okay for you this time. May I ask if your previous dismissal was from employment with the civil service? If it was from the civil service, I believe their policy is to check the IFD and if you appear on that list you aren’t eligible for employment with the civil service for 5 years… Or was it dismissal from another employer not connected to the civil service? If so, you say you lodged a claim with an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal? Why would a recent dismissal that was unfair preclude you from being successful in a civil service job? You say that it’s because the dismissal is too recent? Did you continue with your employment tribunal and win or is it still ongoing and awaiting judgement?
Reply 16
Original post by happy71
I’m sorry to hear about your predicament and I genuinely hope that everything works out okay for you this time. May I ask if your previous dismissal was from employment with the civil service? If it was from the civil service, I believe their policy is to check the IFD and if you appear on that list you aren’t eligible for employment with the civil service for 5 years… Or was it dismissal from another employer not connected to the civil service? If so, you say you lodged a claim with an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal? Why would a recent dismissal that was unfair preclude you from being successful in a civil service job? You say that it’s because the dismissal is too recent? Did you continue with your employment tribunal and win or is it still ongoing and awaiting judgement?

previous employer has no connection to civil service, its a private nursery so definitely not on the IFD register.

Dismissal happened in February, I served the Tribunal claim and no response received from the ex employer so I’ve technically won just waiting for tribunal to confirm the judgement.

Accepted 4 jobs from Moj between mid march and end of April. And they’ve all been closed down so I asked for the specific reason and no one could tell me why. Then after asking again and again speaking to different people they finally told me it was because of employment history/dismissal. So I appealed providing evidence of my claim, letters of recommendation and evidence which will be used as exhibits in my tribunal claims.

Within a few hours it was rejected giving the following reason

We can inform you that the decision was based the fact that you have been dismissed by a previous employer as disclosed within the vetting questionnaire you submitted.

Part of the risk assessment process will assess your employment history and any negative information will be taken into account when making final decision on your suitability. Given the dismissal was relatively recent it is deemed to be of significance.”

I’ve submitted a second appeal literally begging them to read the documents, I’ve had a read receipt but no ones bothered to reply.

Im hoping the home office vetting staff have more sympathy cus with MOJ they prefer people to procrastinate before applying for work in their organisation!
Reply 17
That sounds like a nightmare for you and I’m sorry to hear that… You would think that the respondent not replying to your claim would be evidence enough for the civil service that they were hardly an employer of choice or indeed an employer that takes employment law seriously at all… I would be adding the loss of 4 prospective jobs to your schedule of costs for the tribunal… As it’s impacting your future job prospects… I wish you every success in your appeal… Take care x
Reply 18
Hi
What was your feedback of you don’t mind sharing. I scored 31. Just waiting for the ID checks to clear. 🤲🏼

i think it was 27, i was put on reserves list.
Anyone else applied for this at Dover/Manston?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending