The Student Room Group

EO recruitment

Hi, has anyone applied for the EO positions. If so what stage are you at. I submitted my SJT a week ago and still haven’t had a response yet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Firstly, EO is the name of the pay band/grade for you role. What is the exact job title for the role you applied for? The civil service has a very poor recruitment process so you may wait for a while before you get a response. How many vacancies are available for the post?
Reply 2
Hi. It’s an executive officer (work coach) I believe there’s 19 positions available.
Reply 3
There is no standard way of recruiting across the civil service it differs amongst departments. Typically, with situational judgement tests it's simply a pass or fail sometimes. Other times if you score higher than the baseline or the average applicant you move through. Basically, what I'm trying to say there is no definite answer I can provide, you'll need to ask other work coaches how the application process went. However, the site you applied on should state the application process and how it should work or an attachment will be attached to the advert for you to see how it'll all work out.
Reply 4
Original post by emo94
There is no standard way of recruiting across the civil service it differs amongst departments. Typically, with situational judgement tests it's simply a pass or fail sometimes. Other times if you score higher than the baseline or the average applicant you move through. Basically, what I'm trying to say there is no definite answer I can provide, you'll need to ask other work coaches how the application process went. However, the site you applied on should state the application process and how it should work or an attachment will be attached to the advert for you to see how it'll all work out.

Just a waiting game waiting to see if I’ve got through to the interview stage. I was just wondering if anyone had anything back yet
Reply 5
Original post by Carrielko76
Just a waiting game waiting to see if I’ve got through to the interview stage. I was just wondering if anyone had anything back yet

Best hack for student room is to title the subject line to attract people who applied to the exact role. For example if it's the work coach role in DWP Birmingham, I would title it DWP Work Coach application July 2023 Birmingham. You may have more luck with responses that way, as people will likely search for some of those key words. When I applied for the work coach role in the past I remember they got back to me in under 24hrs to say if I passed or failed the SJT. It was a percentage score I didn't meet. Things may have changed now, as that was years ago. Good luck though
Reply 6
Hi, has anyone applied for the EO positions. If so what stage are you at. I submitted my SJT a week ago and still haven’t had a response yet.

I have applied on Tuesday 13th of June and had the situational judgment test on Wednesday, it says Thank you for completing the online Situational Judgement Test. Your application will now be reviewed by our team.“ so I have no idea, in the past I got an email the next day that I passed the test. This time they had around 120 places so maybe they had too many applications to go through?
Reply 7
Passed the SJT and my said the team will now review your application and contact you with the next steps. This is where they sifted your statement. A week after I got my results back I got an update saying they’ll not be taking my application any further 😕 I’ll just keep a look out for other opportunities and keep applying.
Reply 8
Yeah definitely keep applying and work on the behaviours, that’s the hardest part I think. I was told by different DWP employees that even people who already work for them, they struggle and fail those when applying for different roles. Good luck 🤞🏻
Passed the SJT and my said the team will now review your application and contact you with the next steps. This is where they sifted your statement. A week after I got my results back I got an update saying they’ll not be taking my application any further 😕 I’ll just keep a look out for other opportunities and keep applying.

Why not ? Did they give any reason?
Reply 10

I have applied for two Work c=Coach positions in different areas.

I passed the SJT for both and did one pre-recorded interview last week and the other yesterday. Just a waiting game now! 😪
Original post by jodie1982
I have applied for two Work c=Coach positions in different areas.

I passed the SJT for both and did one pre-recorded interview last week and the other yesterday. Just a waiting game now! 😪

Have you applied for the 547 West London?
Reply 12
Original post by Renata De Souza

No, two positions within the East Midlands.
Thank you

I had a response/was invited to interview for my first EO just under 2 weeks after the online situational test and with UC work coach application it was just under 4 weeks between the 2.

I did!
Original post by sweetpotatochip
I did!

Me too! How was your interview?
Me too! How was your interview?

I think it went well, I had the 6 questions and answers prepared prior to the interview, so I almost read the answer to the question. The last question the timer cut me off, so im a bit worried because i didnt get to finish my sentence. fingers crossed lets hope we make it
Reply 18
Original post by sweetpotatochip
I think it went well, I had the 6 questions and answers prepared prior to the interview, so I almost read the answer to the question. The last question the timer cut me off, so im a bit worried because i didnt get to finish my sentence. fingers crossed lets hope we make it

How did you know the questions before the interview?
Original post by jodie1982
How did you know the questions before the interview?

not necessarily the questions but i knew they would be based on the 4 behaviours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending