The Student Room Group

TSR's Pro-Europe Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
So.. The EU now says that almost 6000 regulations have been repealed since 05 (not surprising since the EPP has been dominant) and the trade shy EU is going for one with the USA.

Any thoughts.

It occurs to me to wonder how many of those regulations have been replaced with other regulations. I also wonder how the EPP has achieved repeal of legislation, given that they can't propose bills, only vote on what is handed down from the commission. The only way regulations have been repealed is at the suggestion of the commission.
i'm in
Reply 142
Original post by chrisawhitmore
It occurs to me to wonder how many of those regulations have been replaced with other regulations. I also wonder how the EPP has achieved repeal of legislation, given that they can't propose bills, only vote on what is handed down from the commission. The only way regulations have been repealed is at the suggestion of the commission.

Since the commission takes its orders from the council i would presume that indirectly MEP's have influenced their leaders into pushing for this. New regulations are of course a good point.
Reply 143
So what do people think of this talking regarding a common EU armed forces starting with procurement.

I'm actually not comfortable with it for the UK (i'm a NATO man i suppose) but believe other nations should do so if they like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending